Winter Trees Wall DecorProject #20185
Add this decorative Winter Trees Wall Décor to your home this Christmas.
Products Used660200-Sizzix Big Shot Machine Only (White & Gray) w/Standard Platform 660540-Sizzix Big Shot Express Machine Only (White & Gray) 660340-Sizzix Big Shot Plus Machine Only (White & Gray) 663550-Sizzix Accessory - Glue Gun 663065-Sizzix Accessory - Glue Gun Sticks, 8", Clear, 20PK 663709-Sizzix Making Essential - Foam Tape 663007-Sizzix Making Essential - Cardstock, 8 1/4" x 11 5/8", 20 Assorted Colors, 80 Sheets 663012-Sizzix Making Essential - Embossing Ink Pad, Clear 663057-Sizzix Making Essential - Opaque Embossing Powder, 3PK (Silver, Gold & Clear), 20ml each 663614-Sizzix Clear Stamps - Winter Phrases 663684-Sizzix Framelits Die Set 9PK w/Stamps - Winter Trees 662500-Sizzix Big Shot Foldaway Machine Only (White & Gray)
Other Supplies: Acrylic Paint (White), Embossing Powder (Gold), Faux Snow, Foam Paint Brush, Gel Medium, Glitter (Clear, Iridescent Gold Paint Marker, Heat Tool, Ribbon,Texture Paste, Twine (gold), Wooden Plaque
- Paint a wooden circular plaque in white acrylic paint and set aside to dry.
- Using green cardstock die-cut four solid trees, two tall, skinny trees, one geometric tree and one scalloped tree from the Winter Trees die set. Die-cut out of yellow cardstock three stars. Fold the solid trees in half, and attach one half of each tree to the other to create an accordion-fold effect. Apply a light layer of texture paste along the trees as desired to create a snow effect. Set the trees aside to dry.
- Apply a thin layer of gel medium to the entire front surface and sides of the wooden plaque. Dust clear, iridescent glitter across the entirety of the gel medium and set the plaque aside to dry.
- With embossing ink, stamp the sentiment “Happy Holidays” from the Winter Phrases stamp set on a piece of purple cardstock. Apply gold embossing powder on top of the stamped sentiment, tap off the excess powder and set with a heat tool. Crop the paper around the sentiment as desired and apply gold paint pen along the edges of the cardstock. Cut a mat of red cardstock to attach below the purple cardstock with foam tape.
- Attach the trees along the bottom of the plaque as desired with hot glue. Trim away any part of the trees that hang over the edge of the plaque with scissors. Attach the three yellow stars to the top of the three middle trees with hot glue.
- Center and attach the stamped sentiment above the tree towards the top of the plaque. Cut a piece of purple ribbon and tie it into a bow. Tie a piece of gold twine around the center of the bow, creating a hoop for hanging decor. Attach the ribbon to the top of the wooden plaque, above the stamped sentiment, with hot glue.