Birthday Cake Card
Pop-up card are fun and great projects to try this year!
Other Supplies: Cardstock (Pink Glitter, White), Ink Pad (Pink), Liquid Adhesive, Paper Trimmer, Patterned Paper, Scissors
- Cut a 5 1/2" x 8 1/2" panel of white cardstock and fold it in half to form a card base. Cut a 4" x 5 1/4" panel of patterned cardstock. Center and adhere the patterned panel to the front of the card base with double-sided adhesive.
- Cut a panel of yellow cardstock. Adhere part of an adhesive sheet to the back of the cardstock.
- Die-cut out of white cardstock one small cake base, out of pink glitter cardstock five candle sets, out of yellow cardstock a small and large ribbon banner and out of aqua cardstock on large cake base from the Cake Pop-Up die set.
- Trim away the large and small rectangles from the white cake base die-cut. With the Blending Tool apply ink to all edges of the two white rectangle elements as desired. Additionally, trim off the large, half circle portion of the aqua cake base die-cut.
- Adhere the base of the candles to the upper sections of the two white rectangles with liquid adhesive. Trim off any excess portion beyond the perimeter of the rectangle with scissors. Adhere the small ribbon banner to the top of the small, white rectangle directly below the candles. Repeat this same process with the large ribbon banner on the large, white rectangle. Cut and apply foam tape to the back of each rectangle element.
- Center and adhere the aqua cake base the patterned paper on the card front. Adhere the large rectangle above the upper portion of the aqua cake base and then adhere the small rectangle below the large portion of the cake.