Santa's Wish Card
Add to your Colorize collection and create Santa Christmas card using the Colorize technique of layering.
Other Supplies: Gilding Wax (Gold, Silver), Ranger Distress Ink Pad (Worn Paper), Tim Holtz idea-ology Kraft Stock (8" x 8", Classic)
- Die-cut out of desired cardstock colors all of the elements from the Santa’s Wish, Colorize die set. (Note: With Colorize die sets, there are suggested colors etched on the back of each die to assist with ease of assembly.) Assemble and adhere the die cut elements with liquid adhesive.
- With the Blending Tool, ink the edges of the white elements with Worn Paper ink.
- Die-cut a 3 1/2" x 5" panel of black and red cardstock. Apply gold and silver gilding wax to the outer edges of both panels, by rubbing a finger in the wax, taking the excess wax off on a piece of scrap paper and then lightly applying to the cardstock.
- Cut a 4 1/2" x 5 1/2" panel of gray cardstock. Cut a panel of black cardstock slightly larger than the gray panel so that when the gray panel is layered on the black panel a very thin black border is achieved.
- Fold a piece of ivory cardstock in half and cut it down to a desired card base size. The card base should be slightly wider than the black rectangle cut in step 4.
- Center and adhere the black panel to the card front with liquid adhesive. Adhere the red panel to the gray panel at a slight angle and the gilded black panel to the top of the red panel angled in the opposite direction with liquid adhesive. Adhere the Santa element to the middle of the angled panels with foam tape.
- Die-cut into a piece of black cardstock a holiday phrase of choice from the Tiny Type Lower die set. Position some of the letters slightly askew to add liveliness to the sentiment. Cut the phrase down into small strips. Cut and adhere ivory cardstock to fit behind the die cut strips. Apply silver and gold gilding wax to the black cardstock in a similar fashion to step 3.
- Adhere the phrase as desired to the card front with foam tape.