Holiday Brushstroke Card
Christmas Greetings card inspiration using some of Tim Holtz latest die collection.
Other Supplies: Craft Mat, Paper Trimmer, Paintbrush, Patterned Paper (Woodgrain), Ranger Distress Ink Pads (Assorted Colors), Stamps (Holiday-Themed Sentiments), Stapler, Tim Holtz idea-ology Kraft Stock (8" x 8", Classic)
- Die-cut out of desired cardstock colors all of the elements from the Holiday Brushstroke die set. With the Blending Tool, ink the edges of the die cuts with chosen ink colors to create contrast where needed.
- Cut a rectangle panel from white cardstock to a desired size for a card front panel. With the Blending Tool, ink various shades of green inks into the center portion of the panel to create a fluid background. Apply some of the ink colors directly to a craft mat. Spritz the inks with water and use a paintbrush to add ink splatters to white panel.
- Assemble and adhere the various die cut leaf and berry elements with liquid adhesive. Arrange the elements on the white panel as desired and adhere into place with liquid adhesive.
- Cut a rectangle panel of woodgrain patterned paper, sized slightly larger than the white panel. With the Blending Tool, ink the edges of the patterned paper with a chosen ink color.
- Cut a card base panel from Hibiscus cardstock to a desired size. Fold the panel in half to create the card base. Center and adhere the patterned paper to the card front with liquid adhesive. Attach the white panel to the patterned paper at a slight angle with a stapler.
- Stamp various holiday sentiments on a piece of white cardstock. Trim each sentiment down to a desired size and adhere them with foam tape in a stacked tower to the left of the white panel on the card front.