Skelly Halloween Card
From the latest Tim Holtz collection, why not create a layered Halloween card using the Colorize technology.
Other Supplies: Paper Trimmer, Ranger Distress Ink Pads by Tim Holtz (Assorted Colors), Stamp (Halloween Sentiment)
- Die-cut out of desired cardstock colors all of the elements to create a skull from the Skelly, Colorize die set. (Note: With Colorize die sets, there are suggested colors etched in the back of each die to assist with ease of assembly.)
- With the Blending Tool, add contrast with various inks to the die cut elements where needed.
- Assemble and adhere the skull with liquid adhesive, using the embossed detail on the die-cuts as a guide for perfect registration.
- Cut rectangle panel to a desired size from ivory cardstock. (Note: the panel should be large enough for the skull to fit on top of it.) With the Blending Tool, ink various shades of brown, orange and yellow across the entirety of the panel in a desired color layout. Lightly spritz the card front with water to create a mottled effect. With the Distresser Blade, distress the edges of the panel.
- Stamp a large sentiment die across the entirety of the inked background.
- Cut a desired sized card base from ivory cardstock. Fold it in half to create the card base. Lightly ink the edges of the card front with a desired shade of ink. Cut a rectangle of warm gray cardstock slightly larger than the stamped ivory panel. Adhere this to the card front at a desired angle with liquid adhesive. Arrange and adhere the stamped background on top of the gray panel in a desired position. Adhere the skull to the card front where desired with liquid adhesive.