Children’s Daisy Tutu
Why not create your little ones tutu for their party or even just for dress up play? This 3-D Daisy die is adaptable within many making types and has been used beautifully here to create own little ones tutu.
Other Supplies: Tutu, Fairy Lights with Battery Pack, White Fabric, Pink Fabric, Iron on Adhesive, Hook-and-Loop Fastener, Glitter Stamens, White Stamens, Glue Gun, Needle, White Thread, Elastic Band
- Iron the iron on adhesive onto the back of the white fabric.
- Die-cut a 3-D Daisy from the white fabric.
- Using the glue to stick in place, glue four white stamen and two glitter stamen to the middle of the daisy.
- Wrap the daisy so it becomes 3-D and secure into place with the glue gun.
- Stitch the fairy lights to the underside of the skirt using white thread.
- With the remainder of the lights, wrap them round the battery pack and secure with an elastic band.
- Cut two 3" x 4" rectangles from the pink fabric.
- Hem the 3" side on both with a half inch seam.
- Sew the hook-and-loop fastening on both pieces to the 3" hemmed edge on the wrong sides.
- Put both pieces of fabric wrong sides together and sew round the edge with a 1/4" seam. Make sure to not sew the hook-and-loop fastener edge closed.
- Put the battery pack inside this pocket and sew the pocket to the back of the skirt.
- Take the 3-D Daisy and sew to the bottom of the skirt.
- Repeat the steps 1-4 to create as many daisies as you want round your skirt and sew to the bottom of the skirt to finish.