How to make a Toyland Colorize Card
How adorable is this Colorize set by Tim Holtz. The possibilities are endless with this new set, just in time for some festive making!
Other Supplies: Cardstock (Black, White), Gilding Wax (Gold), Paper Trimmer, Ranger Distress Ink Pads by Tim Holtz (Fired Brick, Lucky Clover, Walnut Stain) Stamps (Calligraphy Style, Sentiments – Holiday-Themed), Tim Holtz idea-ology Kraft Stock (8" x 8", Classic)
- Cut and fold a piece of white cardstock to a desired card base size.
- Cut a another piece of white cardstock into a rectangle shape, sized to fit as desired on the card front. Make sure the rectangle is slightly smaller than the card front. Remove the lids of the Distress Inks and drag the ink pads across the white rectangle cardstock until a desired effect and blend of colors is achieved.
- With a calligraphy style stamp, stamp black ink over the top of the inked rectangle as desired. Adhere the rectangle to the left-hand side of the card front where desired with an adhesive of choice.
- Stamp a holiday sentiment of choice onto white cardstock. Cut a rectangle around each word.
- Die-cut out of desired cardstock colors all chosen elements from the Toyland, Colorize die set. This project created one teddy bear, one candy cane, one gift with a bow and one large bag. (Note: With Colorize die sets, there are suggested colors etched on the back of each die to assist with ease of assembly.) Additionally, for ease of assembly it is recommended to die cut the various elements from cardstock with adhesive sheets attached to the backside of the cardstock.
- If a dark brown is selected for some of the die-cut elements on the bag, use some gold gilding wax to brighten it up while also adding a nice textured gold finish.
- Layer, assemble and adhere the various die cut elements with liquid adhesive (if adhesive sheets were not used when die-cutting the elements).
- Adhere the assembled die elements to card front as desired with foam tape.
- Adhere the stamped sentiment as desired to the lower, right-hand corner of the bag.