How to make a Flowers with Envelope Card
Send someone you care about a card this month, with some of our latest inspiration with our latest product releases.
Theme: Birthday & Party
Other Supplies: Paper Trimmer
- Cut an 8 1/2" x 5 1/2" panel of Ballet Slipper cardstock. Fold the panel in half to create a card base. Cut a 4" x 5 1/4" panel of white cardstock. Center and adhere this panel to the card front with double-sided tape. Cut a 3" x 5" panel of Bluebell cardstock. Center and adhere this panel to the white panel with foam tape.
- Die-cut out of Arctic Sky, Ballet Slipper, Cherry Blossom, Green Tea, Lavender Dust, Limoncello and Sorbet cardstock a variety of flowers, flower centers and leaves from the Flowers with Envelope die set. Additionally, die-cut out of White cardstock the envelope from the same die set.
- Die-cut out of Limoncello cardstock the words ‘with’ and ‘love’ three times each from the Script Sentiments die set. Stack each word and adhere them together with liquid adhesive to create a dimensional sentiment.
- Fold along the crease lines of the white envelope and adhere the two side panels behind the font lid of the envelope. (Note: Be sure not to glue the layers to the back of the envelope, as the envelope needs to be functional to tuck leaves into the opening.)
- To create lifelike dimension, sculpt the die-cut flowers, flower centers and leaves with the grey molding mat and various stylus tools from the Paper Sculpting Kit.
- Layer the die-cut flowers as desired into flower stacks and adhere the elements together with liquid adhesive. (Note: The project shown has nine separate flower stacks.)
- Arrange the die-cut leaves into the opening of the envelope and adhere them into place with liquid adhesive. Arrange the flowers as desired amongst and on top of the leaves and adhere them into place with liquid adhesive and foam tape to create depth.
- Center and adhere the sentiment ‘with love’ to the bottom of the Bluebell panel with liquid adhesive. Directly above the sentiment phrase adhere the envelope with flowers at a slight angle with liquid adhesive.