Birthday Party Invitation
Are you planning a birthday and need some more inspiration to get the planning underway?
Other Supplies: Patterned Paper, Paper Trimmer
- Cut a 7" x 10" panel of white cardstock. Fold the panel in half to create a card base. Cut a 4 3/4" x 6 3/4" panel of a chosen patterned paper. Center and adhere the pattern paper to the card front with double-sided adhesive.
- Die-cut out of Arctic Blue cardstock the cake layers, out of Cherry Blossom cardstock two large flowers and four small flowers, out of Lavender Dust cardstock two small flowers, out of Mint Julep cardstock four leaves, out of Sorbet cardstock four small flowers and out gold brushed metal Opulent cardstock one cake base from the Celebration Cake Bigz die. Die-cut out of Mint Julep cardstock one candle and out of Sorbet cardstock one candle flame from the Birthday Candles die set.
- Die-cut out of white cardstock the letters “O N E” three times each from the Bold Alphabet die set. Stack each letter and adhere them together with liquid adhesive to create a dimensional sentiment element.
- To create lifelike dimension, sculpt the die cut flowers and leaves with the gray molding mat and various stylus tools from the Paper Sculpting Kit.
- Layer the die cut flowers as desired into flower stacks and adhere the elements together with liquid adhesive. (Note: The project shown has five separate flower stacks.)
- Center the cake base die-cut along the bottom edge of the patterned paper and adhere it to the card front with foam tape. Directly above layer and adhere the large cake layer die cut with foam tape. Above the large cake layer adhere the small cake layer with foam tape.
- Align and center the letters “O N E” along the bottom edge of the large cake layer as desired and adhere into place with liquid adhesive. Center and adhere the candle and flame behind the top edge of the cake with liquid adhesive.
- Arrange the flower stacks and leaves as desired around the center of the cake and adhere into place with liquid adhesive.