How to make a Brushstroke Flowers Notepad
Do you need a new design to upcycle your notepad? Here we have one of our latest die from Tim Holtz to get you started.
Theme: Flowers, Plants & Trees, Everyday
Other Supplies: Acrylic Paint (Black and Additional Color of Choice), Craft Mat, Diary or Notebook, Gilding Wax (Bronze, Gold), Paintbrush, Ranger Distress Ink Pads by Tim Holtz (Vintage Photo), Scrap Paper, String (Gold)
- Die-cut out of desired cardstock colors all chosen leaf and floral elements from the Brushstroke Flowers #1 die set. For ease of assembly, it is recommended to die-cut the various elements from cardstock with adhesive sheets attached to the backside of the cardstock. Following the embossed lines, assemble the layers on each floral element with tweezers until the final florals are complete.
- Die-cut additional foliage elements out any chosen cardstock color from the die set. Die-cut enough elements to cover the front of a diary or notebook of choice as desired. Additionally, die-cut out of a chosen cardstock color the word “Spring” from the Hello Spring die set.
- With the Blending Tool, blend Vintage Photo ink along the edges of the die cut floral elements. To achieve a further distressed effect, use a small amount of gold gilding wax on the ends of the die cut leaves.
- Arrange and adhere the foliage die cuts and the die cut “Spring” sentiment to the front of the notebook with liquid adhesive.
- Paint the entire front cover of the notebook with black acrylic paint. Set aside the notebook to dry.
- Paint a lighter color of acrylic paint with a dry brush over the black paint on the notebook cover. The dry brush technique can be achieved by taking a small amount of paint on the brush and painting lightly over the same area. The final effect on the notebook cover should be a distressed look with some black showing through the brushstrokes.
- Apply gold gilding wax to the raised floral/foliage elements and bronze gilding wax to the “Spring” sentiment. Take a small amount of gilding wax on a finger, rub the excess off onto scrap paper then lightly apply the wax to the desired area. Keep adding until happy with the effect.
- Wrap gold string around the notebook a few times and tie so that this can be untied to open the notebook.
- Adhere the layered floral elements from the Brushstroke Flowers #1 die set to the notebook cover with foam tape.