How to make a Seasonal Floral Bouquet
Let your ideas bloom along with the florals this season! Brighten up your home with this Seasonal Floral Bouquet.
Other Supplies: Wooden Beads, Floral Tape and Floral Wire.
- Die-cut out of a desired shade of crepe paper 6-8 large petals and 4-5 small petals, out of a desired shade of crème crepe paper 3-4 large flower centers and out of a desired shade of green crepe paper 2-3 leaves. Be sure when cutting the elements that the grain of the crepe paper is cut vertically to allow for sculpting.
- Placing two fingers on either side of each petal gently stretch the crepe paper apart to create depth and rippled edges along the top of each petal. Focusing on stretching the center of each petal and in small section on the ridge of the petal to create realistic texture.
- Lay the flower centers side by side and adhere the end of one to the end of the other with hot glue until you have one long flower center.
- Place and hot glue a wooden bead in to place on the end of a piece of floral wire. Cut a oval shape of crème crepe paper and stretch the oval to cover the wooden bead, adhering it to cover the bead with hot glue. Around the midway point of the bead begin to adhere the long flower center around the bead, adhering the bottom edge of the flower center to the bead as it is wrapped around it.
- Around the base of the bead and flower center begin to place and adhere the small petals around the entirety of the flower center, adhering the base of the petal to the bead with hot glue. Continue around the flower with the larger petals in a desired pattern in a similar manner. Once everything is attached manipulate petals until the look of a desired bloom is achieved. At the base of the flower adhere 2-3 crepe paper leaves starting at the floral wire and moving out along the outer flower petals.
- Cut and wrap floral tape to the floral wire, starting at the base of the flower and pulling the tape around in a circular motion down the entirety of the wire.