Plains Habitat Diorama
Use the Prairie Dog, Sunflower and Grasshopper to create dioramas of the plains habitat.
Supplies Used: Cardstock, Colored Pencils, Crayons or Pens, Glue, Scissors, Shoebox
The teacher will die-cut the materials for student use prior to the lesson.
- Cover the outside of the shoebox with blue construction paper. Cover the inside of the shoebox with yellow and brown construction paper. Highlight the sky with colors.
- Die-cut the Grasshopper, Prairie Dogs, Sunflowers, Mountain w/Stream, Clouds and Grass Border using various colors of cardstock. Layer the Sunflower, and Mountain w/Stream to embellish. Highlight remaining shapes with color as desired.
- Adhere the Mountain w/Stream, Sunflowers and Grass to the background.
- Fold back part of the Clouds and adhere to the inside, top of the diorama.
- Fold back the bottom of the Grass Border and adhere to the bottom, center of the diorama. Adhere Sunflowers, Prairie Dogs and Grasshopper to the Grass Border (see Main Photo).