A Blooming Scrapbook Layout
Hi everyone, it's Alexis from the Creative Team! One of the best parts of staying at home recently has been the ability to catch up on scrapbooking some of my favorite memories! I've been so inspired by all of the rainbow-themed projects I've been seeing everywhere, that I wanted to incorporate a rainbow palette into one of my latest makes. Also, I'm currently obsessed with our new Sculpting Foam and wanted a chance to play around with it outside of making flower bouquets. Add those two elements together and you get one colorful scrapbook layout. Check out the step by step below to see how I created this page!
What you will need:
- Sizzix® Big Shot® Machine (660200)
- Sizzix® Bigz™ XL Alphabet Die - Chunky Alphabet (664385)
- Sizzix® Thinlits® Die Set 45PK - Elle Lowercase (664375)
- Sizzix® Thinlit®s Die Set 7PK - Floral Blossom (664443)
- Sizzix™ Accessory - Glue Gun (663550)
- Sizzix™ Accessory - Glue Gun Sticks, 8", Clear, 20PK (663065)
- Sizzix™ Accessory - Multi-Tool Starter Kit (662875)
- Sizzix™ Making Essential - Express Glue, 120ml (664576)
- Sizzix™ Making Essential - Mat Board, 6" x 13", White, 6 Sheets (656492)
- Sizzix™ Making Essential - Sequins & Beads, Arctic Sky, 5PK (664603)
- Sizzix™ Making Essential - Sequins & Beads, Bluebell, 5PK (664606)
- Sizzix™ Making Essential - Sequins & Beads, Gold, 5PK (663864)
- Sizzix™ Muti-Tool Accessory - Blending Tool head w/Replacement Sponge (662880)
- Sizzix Surfacez™ - Sculpting Foam, 12" x 24", Blossoms, 5 Sheets (664611)
- Sizzix Surfacez™ - Sculpting Foam, 12" x 24", Springtime, 5 Sheets (664609)
- Sizzix Surfacez™ - Sculpting Foam, 12" x 24", Sunset Garden, 5 Sheets (664610)
- Sizzix Surfacez™ - Texture Roll, 12" x 48", Gold (663803)
- Sizzix™ Tool - Heat Tool, Dual Speed (663706)
- Cardstock (White)
- Ink Pad (Light blue)
How to make:
Die- cut a variety of Sculpting Foam colors from the smallest flower in the Floral Blossoms die set. For this layout I choose the following colors from our varied Sculpting Foam sets: Cherry Blossom, Primrose, Sorbet, Limencello, Mint Julep, Agave and Lavender Dust.
Die-cut out of Texture Roll, Gold and Mat Board the word "SUMMER". Die-cut out of Primrose cardstock the word "fun" from the Elle Lowercase die set. If you would like to create a dimensional word, die-cut each of the letters 3-4 times, then stack and adhere each letter together.
Blend a light blue ink in a large, circular wreath around the center of the 12x12 white cardstock. This will act as a guideline for placing your chosen photo(s) and the die-cut flowers.
Heat each die-cut Sculpting Foam flower with the Heat Tool. Heat the surface until it begins to become pliable and then mold the flower into a desired shape while it is warm. Set the flower aside to cool down.
Adhere your chosen photo to the center of the blended ink circle. Adhere the gold Texture Roll letters to the top of their matching mat board with liquid adhesive. Adhere the gold word directly below the photo with liquid adhesive. To the bottom, right-hand side of the gold word adhere the word "fun" with liquid adhesive.
Begin to arrange your die-cut flowers as desired around the blue-inked wreath. Stack some of the flowers together, adhering them together with hot glue, to create a varied look throughout the wreath. Once you are happy with the placement adhere the flowers to the scrapbook page with hot glue.
Adhere a variety of sequins and beads to the center of chosen flowers with hot glue. Additionally, adhere sequins around the flowers and sentiment as desired with liquid adhesive.
I hope you fall in love with Sculpting Foam as much as I have. I love being able to create more realistic florals with this material. Be sure to check out the full range of colors available on the website.
Until next time...Happy Crafting!