Hi all! Tami Mayberry from Create it Simply here with you today to share another quick and easy card that will say "thanks" along with adding sparkle to someone's day.
For this card I used two of the new Stephanie Barnard dies from Sizzix -- Half Card Panels and Thank You Drop-ins. I'm really excited to own these die sets because, while they are designed to be used together to create a layered design, they can be separated and used individually for numerous design combinations.
For all of the dies used for this project I used the Big Shot Plus with a sandwich of the Extended Magnetic Platform, a Extended Cutting Pad, paper or cardstock, desired die (cutting side down), and, finally, the second Extended Cutting Pad,
I used these two dies from the Sizzix Thinlits Die Set 3PK Half Card Panels.
The second die set I used was the Sizzix Framelits Die Set 4PK - Card, Thank You Drop-ins. Below is what that set looks like when layered together. For the design I had in mind I only needed the center "Thank You" die. That's one of the great things about this set, you can use it for a variety of mix-and-match designs.
Here are the three dies I used to create the card.
The Sizzix Thinlits Die Set 3PK Half Card Panels can be used a couple of different ways. If you using only the center swirled heart die you can die-cut the image from a panel without cutting it out into a rectangle shape and creating an inlay design. Simply place it in the desired location and die-cut.
For this card I wanted the image die-cut into a rectangle shape so I layered the two dies together as shown below and die-cut the panel from navy carstock.
This is the result of the two dies layered together.
For the sentiment, I die-cut the "Thank you" image from glitter cardstock and a layer of adhesive foam.
Now it's simply a matter of creating the card, which can be done in minutes.
- Form a 4 1/4 x 5 1/2-inch card from navy cardstock.
- Cut a panel slightly smaller than card front from light blue cardstock adhere die-cut rectangle to left edge of panel as shown. Attach panel to card front using 3D Foam Squares.
- Attach sentiment to card front.
- Embellish with coordinating adhesive dots.
- Big Shot Plus
- Extended Magnetic Platform
- (2) Extended Cutting Pads
- Sizzix Thinlits Die Set 3PK - Half Card Panels
- Sizzix Framelits Die Set 4PK - Card, Thank You Drop-ins
Other Materials Used:
- Cardstock: navy, light blue, Core'dinations coral glitter
- Stampin' Up! adhesive dots
- Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L® adhesives: 3D Foam Squares, Adhesive Sheets, Foam Sheets