Hello everyone! Richele here today with some beautiful Fall cards made with the Sizzix Skeleton Leaves Thinlits Die Set from Tim Holtz. I love all the different ways you can create with these leaves, including cards, mixed media, décor pieces and so much more. It also pairs perfectly with the Alphanumeric Thinlits set.
- Sizzix® Vagabond 2 Machine (#660855)
- Sizzix Thinlits™ Die Set – Skeleton Leaves by Tim Holtz® (#663094)
- Sizzix Thinlits Die Set – Alphanumeric, Cutout Upper (3/4” Tall) (#663073)
- Sizzix Adhesive Sheets (#656802)
- Sizzix Foam Adhesive Sheets (#663042)
- Cardstock (Kraft, Watercolor)
- Distress Ink® (Barn Door, Carved Pumpkin, Fossilized Amber, Peeled Paint, Vintage Photo)
- Distress Mica Spray
- Distress Tarnish Brass
- Ranger Mini Ink Blending Tool
Let's get started!
Adhere Sizzix Adhesive Sheets to the back of the watercolor cardstock. Die-cut Skeleton Leaves with the Sizzix Vagabond 2 Machine. (Tip: Intricate dies like the Skeleton Leaves may take a few passes through your machine to ensure the best cut.)
Apply Distress Ink directly to Glass Media Mat, and spritz with water. Pick up ink with fingertips and color Skeleton Leaves.
Mist Skeleton Leaves with Distress Mica Spray to add a little sparkle.
Cut background paper 4” x 5 1/4”, position Sizzix Alphanumeric Cutout uppercase letters and tape down with low tack tape and die-cut through the Vagabond 2 Machine.
Cut a strip of watercolor cardstock 3 7/8” x 1 1/2” and color with Distress Ink on an Ink Blending Tool.
Adhere black Sizzix Foam Adhesive Sets to brown cardstock. Die-cut “HELLO” using the Alphanumeric Cutout Upper Thinlits set. Tip: Adhere Sizzix Adhesive Foam sheets to add dimension to your cards.
Ink the edges of the pieces to the card with Distress Ink on an Ink Blending Tool.
Adhere pieces to card as shown.
Look at all the beautiful cards I made with these two great Thinlits sets.
What will you create with the Sizzix Skeleton Thinlits Die Set? Thanks for stopping by!