Cards For Kindness
Hi everyone, it's Alexis with the Creative Team! I don't know about you, but one of my favorite things to receive is a handmade card. There is something so nice about knowing someone took the time to create something special just for me and also filled it with words that warm my heart, put a smile on my face or just plain ol' make me laugh.
Because I know how much it means to me to receive a special card, I wanted to spread that feeling on to some very important people in our world through the Cards For Kindness initiative with Scrapbook.com.
Scrapbook.com has launched a worldwide call for people to donate handmade cards that they then organize and distribute to our frontline workers, retirement homes, shelters, children's homes and many other wonderful organizations. I love the idea of spreading positivity and encouragement to anyone in need of a few words of encouragement or kindness.
Below I have created some step by steps for one of the cards I created to support this initiative. I wanted to bring some bright, spring florals to someone's day!
What you will need:
- Sizzix Big Shot Machine (660200)
- Sizzix Thinlits Die – Cut-Out Wreath (664578)
- Sizzix Thinlits Die Set 5PK – Decorative Type (664477)
- Sizzix Thinlits Die Set 20PK – Petite Petals (664455)
- Sizzix Making Essential – Adhesive Sheets, 6" x 6", Permanent, 10 Sheets (656802)
- Sizzix Making Essential – Express Glue, 120ml (664576)
- Sizzix Making Essential – Foam Tape (663709)
- Sizzix Making Essential - Maker's Tape, 2PK (663473)
- Sizzix Making Essential – Permanent Adhesive Roller (663474)
- Sizzix Surfacez – Cardstock, 8 1/4" x 11 5/8", 20 Assorted Colors, 80 Sheets (663007)
- Sizzix Surfacez – Cardstock, 8 1/4" x 11 5/8", 10 Neutral Colors, 60 Sheets (663780)
- Cardstock (White)
- Paper Trimmer
How to make:
- Cut out of white cardstock a (size) card panel and fold in half to create your card base. Cut a (size) panel out of Mint Julep and Agave cardstock.
2. Center the Cut-Out Wreath die on the Mint Julep panel and secure it in place with some Maker's Tape before running it through the Big Shot Machine.
Clear all of the fall out pieces from the panel with a die pick.
3. Adhere the Mint Julep panel on top of the Agave panel with double-sided adhesive. Be sure to not place adhesive behind the pop-up portion of the wreath. Use a Die Pick to pop up the leaves around the wreath to create dimension.
4. Cut a 6" x 6" panel of navy cardstock and adhere an adhesive sheet to one side of the cardstock. Die-cut the entire alphabet, or the letters "H E L L O', out of the cardstock.
5. Remove the adhesive backing from the letters and center and adhere them to the middle of the die-cut wreath.
6. Die-cut out of chosen cardstock colors a variety of flowers, flower centers and flower stems from the Petite Petals die set.
7. With liquid adhesive, layer and adhere the die cut flower elements together into four separate flowers.
8. Adhere two flowers to the bottom left and right-hand side of the wreath with liquid adhesive. Adhere foam tape to the bottom of the other two flowers.
9. Adhere the two flowers to the middle of the top and bottom of the wreath.
I loved working with the die sets so much, that I couldn't help but create another Thank You card to send out to some people who are so deserving of being recognized. We all know I have a slight obsession with florals!
If you are interested in creating some cards to submit to the initiative you can find all the pertinent details through this link: https://www.scrapbook.com/pages/cards-for-kindness
I hope you all enjoyed this make and have been inspired to use your creative talents to help brighten someone else's day!
Until next time...Happy Crafting!