Clarence Memo Board
My name is Kath and I'm delighted to be back on the Sizzix blog to share a project with you using the adorable Clarence from the Tim Holtz/Sizzix Chapter 2 Colorize Collection release. They do say that elephants never forget so Clarence was the perfect choice to decorate a memo board for those of us that are somewhat challenged in the memory department.
You will need:
- Sizzix Big Shot Machine (660200)
- Sizzix Colorize Thinlits Die - Clarence (664428)
- Sizzix Thinlits Die - Stacked Circles (664437)
- Sizzix Thinlits Die - Alphanumeric Tiny Type Lower (664407)
- Sizzix Thinlits Die - Funky Floral #3 (662702)
- Sizzix Tim Holtz Adhesive Sheets (663051)
- Sizzix Tim Holtz Mini Foam Adhesive (663062)
- Sizzix Making Essential Cardstock - Neutrals (663780)
- Tim Holtz Idea-ology Memoranda Paper Stash
- Tim Holtz Idea-ology Typography Collage Paper
- Tim Holtz Idea-ology Ephemera
- Tim Holtz Idea-ology Life Quotes Remnant Rubs
- Tim Holtz Idea-ology Vintage Clips
- Tim Holtz Idea-ology Classic Kraftstock
- Tim Holtz Distress Watercolor card
- Sakura White Gelly Roll Pen
- Distress Collage Medium Matte
- Distress Collage Brush
- Distress Inks - Hickory Smoke, Fossilized Amber
- Distress Mini Round Blending Tool
- Ranger White Gesso
- Ranger Black Enamel Accents.
Step 1. Trim chipboard to create 2 panels measuring 7" x 10" and 6" x 9". Cover the larger board with grey card and the smaller with Tim Holtz Idea-ology Memoranda paper using Distress Collage Medium Matte and once dry, sand the edges to reveal the white core of the paper.
Step 2. Fix Idea-ology Typography Collage Paper to scraps of white card using Distress Collage Medium.
Step 3. Die-cut circles and frames from Sizzix Neutrals grey card and the Typography Collage card using Stacked Circles Thinlits.
Step 4. Fix Tim Holtz/Sizzix Adhesive Sheet to Distress Watercolor card and die-cut the words using Alphanumeric Tiny Type Lower Thinlits. Fix the circles on the panel using Distress Collage Medium and add the letters.
Step 5. Trim down a sticky note pad, decorate the front with Typography Collage Paper, use a punch to create the holes at the top and add a tab for a pencil. Create a pocket from the Idea-ology Typography Collage card and add Tim Holtz Idea-ology Ephemera.
Step 6. Fix Tim Holtz/Sizzix Adhesive Sheet to Sizzix Neutrals grey card, Tim Holtz Idea-ology Classic Kraftstock and Distress Watercolor card and die-cut using the Clarence Colorize Thinlits.
Step 7. Add shadows on the edges of each die-cut using Hickory Smoke Distress Ink and a mini round blending tool. Assemble the pieces following the indent marks left on each die-cut.
Step 9. Add Tim Holtz Idea-ology Life Quotes Remnant Rubs.
Step 10. Die-cut flowers using Tim Holtz/Sizzix Funky Floral 3 Thinlits from Sizzix Neutrals grey card and Distress Watercolor card coloured with Fossilized Amber Distress ink using a mini round blending tool.
Step 11. Layer the flowers and add a black dot to the centres using Ranger Black Enamel Accents.
Step 12. Paint a light coat of white gesso on to a Tim Holtz Idea-ology Vintage Clip and add shading to the edges using Hickory Smoke Distress ink and a mini round blending tool. Add a square of Memoranda paper and decorate with a Life Quotes Remnant Rub. Fix the Vintage Clip to the top of the memo board to use as a hanger.
I hope you enjoyed my tutorial and I'll be back soon to share more projects with you using the Tim Holtz/Sizzix Chapter 2 release. In the meantime, Happy Crafting.