DIY Floral Home Decor
Hey everyone, it's Alexis from the Creative Team! I happen to be a huge fan of DIY Wall Art, especially anytime I can create something with florals! Today I wanted to share some Home Decor that I created using various Bigz and Thinlits dies from Chapter 2. Keep reading to see how I created this colorful project.
What you will need:
- Sizzix® Big Shot® Machine (660200)
- Sizzix® Bigz™ Die - Bold Blossoms (663849)
- Sizzix® Bigz™ Die - Tropical Stems (663851)
- Sizzix® Thinlits® Die Set 7PK- Floral Blossom (664443)
- Sizzix® Thinlits® Die Set 4PK - Elegant Leaves (664444)
- Sizzix™ Accessory - Glue Gun (663550)
- Sizzix™ Accessory - Glue Gun Sticks, 8", Clear, 20PK (663065)
- Sizzix™ Accessory - Multi-Tool Starter Kit (662875)
- Sizzix™ Making Essential - Express Glue, 120ml (664576)
- Sizzix™ Making Essential - Foam Tape (663709)
- Sizzix™ Making Essential - Sequins & Beads, Ballet Slipper, 5PK (664599)
- Sizzix™ Making Essential - Sequins & Beads, Limoncello, 5PK (664604)
- Sizzix™ Making Tool - Paper Sculpting Kit (662225)
- Sizzix™ Multi-Tool Accessory - Blending Tool Head w/Replacement Sponge (662880)
- Sizzix Surfacez™ - Cardstock, 8 1/4" x 11 5/8", 20 Assorted Colors, 80 Sheets (663007)
- Sizzix Surfacez™ - Cardstock, 8 1/4" x 11 5/8", 10 Neutral Colors, 60 Sheets (663780)
- Gel Pen (White)
- Ranger Distress Ink Pads (Faded Jeans, Iced Spruce, Lucky Clover)
How to make:
Die-cut out of Bluebell cardstock six petals (two each of the three largest sizes), out of Ballet Slipper cardstock two of the smallest petals, out of Banana Blast cardstock two large flower center and out of cream cardstock two small flower centers from the Floral Blossom die set. Die-cut out of Agave cardstock one of each leaf size and out of Green Tea cardstock three of the leaf sprig from the Elegant Leaves die set. Die-cut out of Caramel Toffee cardstock two leaves and out of Green Tea and Agave cardstock one additional leaf. Die-cut out of Arctic Sky cardstock three large blooms, out of Limoncello and Caramel Toffee cardstock four dot centers, out of Limoncello cardstock two flower centers and out of cream cardstock six flower centers.
With the Blending Tool, ink the edges of the six large Bluebell petals to give the flowers a dimensional effect. To create lifelike dimension, sculpt each of the die cut petals using the gray molding pad and various stylus tools from the Paper Sculpting Kit.
Cut the leaves away from the Green Tea and Agave leaves. With the Blending Tool, ink the edges of all of the cut leaves with a blend of Lucky Clover and Iced Spruce ink.
Adhere the leaves to the Caramel Toffee leaves in desired tonal patterns with liquid adhesive. Following the crease markings on the leaf, add an effect on each leaf with a white gel pen.
With the Blending Tool, ink the berries on the leaf sprigs with Faded Jeans ink and ink the edges of the three Agave leaves with Iced Spruce ink. Sculpt the three leaves with tools from the Paper Sculpting Kit.
Layer flowers as desired and adhere together with liquid adhesive.
Add Limoncello beads to the center of the large Bluebell flower and Ballet Slipper beads to the center of the two Ballet Slipper flowers with hot glue.
Cut a piece of Mango Tango cardstock sized to fit behind the aperture of a frame's photo mat. Arrange and adhere the leaves and flowers as desired to the cardstock mat with liquid and adhesive and foam tape.
Adhere the wall art panel to the back of the frame's photo mat with liquid adhesive and place the mat in the frame.
I hope you are inspired to create your own DIY home decor this summer season! What types of projects do you hope to create with your home in mind these next few months? Let me know in the comments below!
Until next time...Happy Crafting!