Hello everyone! It’s Thuy from Sizzix. This year, the Lunar New Year begins on February 5th, marking the start of the Year of the Pig. One of the traditions of Lunar New Year celebrations is receiving li xi, red envelopes or packets that are filled with money! Today, I will show you how to make the cutest li xi envelopes using the Critters Side-Order set and the Gift Card Bag die set by Tim Holtz.
- Sizzix® Big Shot™ Machine (#660425)
- Sizzix® Thinlits™ Die Set - Gift Card Bag by Tim Holtz™ (#662687)
- Sizzix® Thinlits™ Die Set - Pop Art Numbers (#663312)
- Sizzix® Thinlits™ Sidekick™ Side-Order Thinlits™ - Critters by Tim Holtz™ (#664151)
- Sizzix® 3-D Texture Fades™ Embossing Folder by Tim Holtz™ - Botanical (#662716)
- Sizzix™ Adhesive Sheets - 6" x 6", Permanent (#656802)
- Cardstock (Black, Gold, Peach, Pink)
- Liquid Adhesive
How to make:
Die-cut the Gift Card Bag out of gold cardstock and emboss the die-cut with the Botanical embossing folder.
Assemble according to package instructions and adhere with liquid adhesive.
Tie a red ribbon around the envelope.
Attach an Adhesive Sheet to the back of black, pink and peach cardstock per package instructions.
Die-cut “2019” from the Pop Art Numbers set, once out of adhesive-backed black cardstock and once out of adhesive-backed pink cardstock.
Remove the backing from the black numbers and adhere them to the gift bag.
Remove the backing from the pink numbers and adhere them over the black numbers, overlapping slightly.
Die-cut the pig from the Critters set out of adhesive-backed black, peach and pink cardstock.
Remove the backing from the pieces and assemble the pig. Adhere the pig to the gift bag with liquid adhesive.
I hope you enjoy this simple and cute project for Lunar New Year. Chúc Mừng Năm Mới, and may the Year of the Pig brings you good luck and lots of money.