Hi Sizzix crafters! It’s Jenn Taylor from the Sizzix art room. With award season in full swing, I wanted to share with you a simple, yet classy way to throw a DIY Movie Awards Party for you and your gal pals. While the spotlight is on the Dress Box from Chapter 1, I also used the Pop Art Uppercase alphabet to embellish some paper straws, and then used the bow from the Dress Box to embellish the champagne glasses. I also used the Intricate Envelope Liners to create a custom invitation.
I hope you enjoy this project.
- Sizzix® Big Shot™ Machine (#660425)
- Sizzix® Thinlits™ Die Set - Dress Box by Lynda Kanase (#663577)
- Sizzix® Thinlits™ Die Set - Pop Art Uppercase by Sophie Guilar (#663310)
- Sizzix® Framelits™ Die Set - Stars (#657567)
- Sizzix® Accessory - Chrome Precision Base Plate for Intricate Thinlits™ Dies (#660470)
- Sizzix™ Accessory - Crease & Curl™ Tool (#662394)
- Sizzix™ Accessory - Die Brush and Stamping Kit (#662109)
- Cardstock (Black, Metallic Gold, White)
- Liquid Adhesive
- Mini Rhinestones
- Paper Trimmer
How to make:
Use the Chrome Precision Base Plate to die-cut the Dress Box out of white cardstock, and one dress front out of black cardstock.
Die-cut a bow out of metallic gold cardstock.
Cut the black dress apart. Apply the bodice portion to the front of the white dress, and the triangular cutout to the backside of the white dress.
Assemble the dress, building the box from the bottom up. Adhere with liquid adhesive.
Use the Crease and Curl Tool to curl the ends of the bow. Assemble the bow with liquid adhesive, and adhere it to the dress front.
Embellish the dress with rhinestones.
And you're done! You can also make many other Movie Night-inspired decor:
Now you’re ready for the red carpet! Whether your Movie Awards night festivities include posing for the paparazzi or curling up on the couch, this project will definitely make you a winner.