Hello crafters! It’s Anna-Karin here with you today and I have a pretty Christmas/Winter card with lots of layers to share with you. However, you can easily turn the design into a card for any season or theme by just using a different sentiment and stamps. I will share a couple of quick and easy techniques that can be used for many types of projects.
This card was made using only white and cream paper. I wanted to achieve a lot of interest and texture, but without adding many colors. If you have never tried to make a project that is almost entirely white or, as here, a mix of white and cream, I hope you will try it. It’s fun and adds a stylish element to any card. I used products from the lovely Moments & Memories collection. Let’s begin!
- Sizzix® Big Shot ™ Machine Only (White & Gray) (#660425)
- Sizzix Framelits ™ Die Set w/Stamps - Layered Labels (#663509)
- Sizzix Framelits Die Set w/Stamps - Snowflake Doodles (#662895)
- Sizzix Texture Fades™ Embossing Folder - Tiny Dots (#661612)
- Sizzix Accessory - Chrome Precision Base Plate for Intricate Thinlits™ Dies (#660470)
- Sizzix Accessory - Cutting Pads, Standard, 1 Pair (Purple w/Silver Glitter) (#662142)
- Sizzix Accessory - Multipurpose Platform, Standard (#655091)
- Sizzix Accessory - Standard Magnetic Platform for Wafer-Thin Dies (#656499)
- Sizzix Foam Adhesive Sheets - 2 1/2" x 4 3/4" (#663063)
- Ranger Mixed Media Cardstock (Neenah Solar White)
- Distress® Ink (Antique Linen)
- Ranger Heat-It Craft Tool
- Ranger Multi Medium Matte
- Ranger White Embossing Powder
Start by stamping the snowflakes from Snowflake Doodles with embossing ink on mixed media paper or on another smooth cream paper. Emboss with white embossing powder, being careful not to burn yourself.
Ink the snowflakes with Antique Linen Distress Ink.
Die-cut the Snowflake shapes from the Snowflake Doodle set. I used the Sizzix Magnetic Platform to make sure that the dies didn’t shift. Use this sandwich: Magnetic Platform, Cutting Pad, paper, die facing down and second Cutting Pad.
Die-cut the lovely Layered Labels from white paper. I just love the intricate edges of these labels. They work great on their own or all layered together. There are six dies and a coordinating stamp set in the versatile Layered Labels Set.
Die-cut the sentiment from leftover inked paper and from white paper, and some embellishments from white paper. I ended up not using the swirls. Depending on the thickness of your paper, you might need to use the Chrome Precision Base Plate for Intricate Thinlits Dies for the most intricate pieces. Use this sandwich: Multipurpose Platform Tab 2, Chrome Precision Plate with the chrome side up, paper, die facing down and Cutting Pad.
Layer all the labels together, adding pieces of Sizzix Foam Adhesive Sheets between two of them and under the largest one. I love the look of all those gorgeous intricate edges.
I embossed the card base in the Tiny Dots Embossing Folder. It’s a very quick step, which makes a big difference. Use this sandwich: Sizzix Multipurpose Platform Tab 1, Cutting Pad, embossing folder with the paper inside and second Cutting Pad. The snowflakes were glued down here and there.
The foam sheets add a lot of dimension to this card, but if you want to make a flatter card, you can skip using them or just add them in one place.
Thank you so much for taking the time to look at this project! If you want even more Christmas/Winter inspiration, stay tuned! You can also have a look at my blog Layers of Ink.