Detailed and Intricate Entomology Panel DIY
Hello everyone, Richele here today. Did you know that there are several Sizzix Framelits sets that fit Stampers Anonymous stamps by Tim Holtz? Now we can add Entomology onto that list! (See video above.) It's incredible how intricate the dies cut out the images and how easy they are to line up.
- Sizzix® Vagabond 2 Machine by Tim Holtz® (#660855)
- Sizzix Framelits™ Die Set 14 PK - Entomology by Tim Holtz (#663068)
- Sizzix Thinlits™ Die - Tangled Twigs by Tim Holtz (#663086)
- Stampers Anonymous Cling Mount Stamps - Entomology (#31430)
- Distress Markers (Festive Berries, Fossilized Amber, Hickory Smoke, Peacock Feather, Ripe Persimmon, Twisted Citron)
- Distress Oxide Ink (Antique Linen, Frayed Burlap, Hickory Smoke)
- Ideo-logy Mini Framed Panel
- Ideo-logy Mini Hardware Pulls
- Ranger Archival Mixed Media Palette
- Ranger Mini Ink Blending Tool
- Ranger Waterbrush Detail Tip
- Watercolor Cardstock
- Low Tack Tape
- Foam Tape
- Heat Tool
Stamp images from the Entomology Set using Archival Ink pad.
Color images with Distress Markers. Apply ink to Glass Media Mat, pick up ink with water brush, color images and dry with heat tool. Add color as desired drying between layers.
Position dies over images using the little holes to line up and tape in position with low tack tape. Tip: You should see the stamped image through the little holes in the die when it's lined up.
Die-cut months and bugs with the Entomology Thinlits Set through the Vagabond 2 Machine.
Ink edges of the moths, ladybug, ants, etc. with Hickory Smoke or Frayed Burlap Distress Oxide Ink on an Ink Blending Tool.
Create background with Distress Ink. Apply Distress Ink to Glass Media Mat, spritz with water, swipe watercolor cardstock through ink and dry with heat tool. Repeat as desired. Stamp Entomology text stamp over background with Antique Linen Distress Oxide Ink.
Die-cut Tangled Twigs Thinlits Set from watercolor cardstock and color with an Ink Blending tool using Antique Linen, Frayed Burlap and a little Hickory Smoke Distress Oxide Ink.
Adhere pieces and Framed Panel together with Distress Collage Medium.
Adhere lady bugs, moths, ants etc. with foam tape.
Using stamped images in conjunction with Framelits is an easy way to cut intricate images fast. What will you create with this fun Thinlits Die Set?
Thanks for stopping in.