How To Create Your Own Mini Summer Travel Albums
Hello everyone, it's Alexis from the Art Room! The summer holiday season is quickly approaching and for many that means vacation plans are just around the corner! What better way to document your summer travels than with a customized mini album? Today I am going to walk through a Tropical Mini Album for inspiration.
- Sizzix® Big Shot™ Machine
- Sizzix® Clear Stamps - Hello Sunshine (#663602)
- Sizzix® Framelits™ Die Set - Tag Collection (#658784)
- Sizzix® ScoreBoards™ L Die - Notebook (#663635)
- Sizzix® Thinlits™ Die Set - Alphanumeric Label (#664177)
- Sizzix® Thinlits™ Die Set - Floral Wreath (#663377)
- Sizzix® Thinlits™ Die Set - Jungle Shadow Box (#663595)
- Sizzix® Thinlits™ Die Set - Macrame Masks (#663589)
- Sizzix® Thinlits™ Die Set - Pop Art Numbers (#663312)
- Sizzix® Thinlits™ Die Set - Tiny Nature (#663590)
- Sizzix® Thinlits™ Die Set - Tropical Elements (#663576)
- Sizzix® Thinlits™ Die Set - Under the Sea (#663363)
- Sizzix Accessory - Multi-Tool Starter Kit (#662875)
- Sizzix® Making Essential - Adhesive Sheets, 6" x 6", Permanent, 10 Sheets (#656802)
- Sizzix® Making Essential - Cardstock, 8 1/4" x 11 5/8", 20 Assorted Colors, 80 Sheets (#663007)
- Sizzix® Making Essential - Ink Pad, Black (Pigment) & Acrylic Block (#663006)
- Sizzix® Making Essential - Mat Board, 6" x 13", White 6 Sheets (#656492)
- Sizzix® Making Essential - Permanent Adhesive Roller (#663474)
- Sizzix® Making Essential - Permanent Pens, Assorted Colors, 12 Pack (#663056)
- Sizzix® Making Essential - Stencil Film, 8 1/4" x 11 5/8", 10 Sheets (#663053)
- Sizzix Multi-Tool Accessory - Blending Tool Head w/ Replacement Sponge (#662880)
- Binding Rings
- Corner Rounder
- Ink Pad(s)
- Liquid Adhesive
- Paper Trimmer
- Patterned Paper
- Hole Punch
Adhere two adhesive sheets along the length of a piece of white mat board. Cut a piece of 6" x 12" patterned paper. Remove the release backing from the adhesive sheets and adhere the patterned paper to one side of the mat board. Die-cut the Notebook out of the mat board, with the patterned paper facing the die. Cut the center binding off, so that you have two separate cover panels. Align the covers together and create two holes with a hole punch along the side of the album to later bind the project together.
To decorate the front cover, die-cut out of cardstock a variety of flowers, leaves and decorative circles from the Tropical Shadow Box and Tropical Elements die sets. Additionally, die-cut out of cardstock the toucan from the Tropical Shadow Box and the travel destination title from the Alphanumeric Label. Assemble and adhere the decorative elements to the front cover with liquid adhesive.
Cut a variety of interior pages with cardstock and patterned papers to fit inside the album covers. Round the outer corners of each page with a corner rounder. Align the interior pages with the front cover panel and hole punch each page to align the binding holes. Create journaling pages with the Pop Art Numbers and Alphanumeric Label die sets. Decorate around photos with dies from the Tropical Elements and Tiny Nature die set.
Create a pocket page for journaling tags. Embellish the front of the pocket with stamps from the Hello Sunshine stamp set and dies from the Tropical Shadow Box die set. Fill the pockets with tags from the Tag Collection and attach ribbons to the holes of each tag. Create unique backgrounds by cutting down strips of patterned paper to adhere to cardstock panels. Embellish with photos and die-cuts.
Crop die-cuts along the edges of the interior pages, such as the Floral Wreath, to add a decorative element behind photos and other die-cuts. Emboss metallic paper behind Macrame Masks with the Emboss & Transfer Set (*see previous blogs on how to utilize this technique here and here). Embellish further with stamps, flower and decorative circle die-cuts.
Create stenciled backgrounds by stamping repeat patterns. Color the stamped images with Permanent Pens and further embellish the page with a photo and a journal tag. Create mixed media backgrounds by die-cutting a Macrame Mask from Stencil Film and blend ink through the die-cut image onto a panel of cardstock. Embellish the page with journal tags and flower die-cuts.
Align the covers and interior pages, and run a binding ring through the each hole punch to bind all of the pages and covers together. Add ribbons to the rings for final embellishment.
I hope you feel inspired to document your upcoming travels, or recent ones for that matter! Even though I created a tropical album today, Sizzix dies offer a variety of dies to customize your albums for any destination! I would love to know in the comments below where you are heading this summer!