How to Make This Bright Ideas Memo Board
Looking for a fun project to decorate your making space or desk? With a little die-cutting, cardstock, magnets and a metal tray, you can create a colorful memo board for yourself or for a friend.
- Sizzix® Big Shot™ Machine (#660425)
- Sizzix Bigz™ XL Alphabet Die - Society by Tim Holtz (#664169)
- Sizzix® Thinlits™ Die Set 14 PK - Robotic by Tim Holtz (#664162)
- Sizzix® Accessories - Die Brush w/Magnetic Pick Up Tool (#661672)
- Sizzix® Accessories - Die Pick (#656380)
- Sizzix™ Adhesive Sheets - 6" x 6", Permanent (#656802)
- Sizzix™ Foam Adhesive Sheets - 2 1/2" x 4 3/4", Assorted (#663062)
- Sizzix™ Little Sizzles™ - 6" x 13" Mat Board Pack (#656492)
- Sizzix® Making Essential - Cardstock Sheets, 8 1/4" x 11 5/8", 80PK (20 Colors) (#663007)
- Cardstock (Gold, Gray, Green, Lavender, Salmon, Silver)
- Patterned Paper
- Clear Gloss Medium
- Glue Stick
- Gold Foil Sheet
- Ink Blending Tool
- Liquid Adhesive
- Magnets (Round, Various Sizes)
- Metallic Marker (Gold)
- Ranger Distress® Oxide Ink Pads (Fossilized Amber, Peacock Feather, Spiced Marmalade, Wild Honey, Worn Lipstick)
- Ranger Distress® Ink Pad (Walnut Stain)
Die-cut the light bulb pieces from the Robotic Die Set out of yellow cardstock. Die-cut the body and feet pieces out of lavender cardstock. Die cut the remaining pieces from the set out of a variety of cardstock, as shown.
Adhere silver cardstock onto mat board with adhesive sheets. Die-cut letters from the Society die to spell "Bright Ideas" and the numbers 1-5 out of the prepared silver cardstock and gray cardstock.
Layer the silver letters over the gray letters, slightly offset, and adhere with liquid adhesive.
Apply gold foil randomly to the lightbulb die-cuts with a glue stick. Edge the light bulbs with a gold pen. Adhere the elements die-cuts to the lightbulb die-cuts with liquid adhesive.
Apply Glossy Accents to the lightbulb die-cuts and let dry thoroughly. Bend and crack the Glossy Accents layer on the lightbulbs. Optional Tip: Sponge brown ink into the cracks to make them more visible.
Sponge the edges of the remaining Robotic pieces with Walnut Stain ink.
Adhere the Robotic pieces together to create a robot and a lightbulb, as shown.
Cut a piece of patterned paper to fit in the bottom of a metal tray. Sponge Distress Oxide inks through a stencil onto the top left corner of the patterned panel. Sponge Peacock Distress Oxide Ink along the edges of the panel.
Adhere the patterned paper panel to the metal tray. Adhere Robotic die-cuts to the metal tray with Foam adhesive, as shown. Adhere the letters to the top of the tray with liquid adhesive. Adhere the number die-cuts to cardstock panels. Adhere the gear die-cuts to magnets.
I hope you enjoyed this tutorial and will make a memo board of your own for all your bright ideas!