How To Make This Joyful Greeting Card
Hi everyone! It's Alexis from the Creative Team and I have a great card I would love to share with you. If you happen to be someone who enjoys handmaking your holiday greeting cards, then today's tutorial is for you! Let's see what you need to begin this make.
- Sizzix® Big Shot® Machine (660200)
- Sizzix® Framelits® Die Set - Circles (657551)
- Sizzix® Bigz™ XL Alphabet Die - Handmade (664218)
- Sizzix® Thinlits® Die Set - Winter Leaves (663425)
- Sizzix® 3-D Texture Fades™ Embossing Folder - Crackle (664171)
- Sizzix™ Accessory - Multi-Tool Starter Kit (662875)
- Sizzix™ Accessory - Reverse-Action Tweezers (661670)
- Sizzix™ Accessory - Sticky Grid Sheets, 6" x 8 1/2", 5 Pack (663533)
- Sizzix™ Making Essential - Adhesive Sheets, 6" x 6", Permanent, 10 Sheets (656802)
- Sizzix™ Making Essential - Cardstock, 8 1/4" x 11 5/8", 20 Assorted Colors, 80 Sheets (663007)
- Sizzix™ Making Essential - Cardstock, 8 1/4" x 11 5/8", 10 Neutral Colors, 60 Sheets (663780)
- Sizzix™ Making Essential - Foam Tape (663709)
- Sizzix™ Making Essential - Mat Board, 6" x 13", White, 6 Sheets (656492)
- Sizzix™ Making Essential - Permanent Adhesive Roller (663474)
- Sizzix™ Multi-Tool Accessory - Blending Tool Head w/Replacement Sponge (662880)
- Cardstock (Gold Metallic)
- Fine-Tip Black Pen
- Gel Pen (White)
- Ink Pads (Aqua, Brown, Red)
- Liquid Adhesive
- Paper Trimmer
How to make:
Cut a 5 3/4" x 9 1/4" panel of red cardstock. Fold it in half to create the card base. Cut a 4 1/2" x 5 1/2" panel of white cardstock. Center and adhere the white panel to the front of the card base with double-sided tape.
Cut a 6" x"6 panel of brown cardstock. Cut a piece of mat board to the same size as the brown panel. Adhere an adhesive sheet to one side of the mat board. Remove the protective backing and adhere the brown panel to the mat board. Die-cut out of the mat board the letters "J O Y" from the Handmade Bigz die.
Adhere a Sticky Grid Sheet to a cutting mat. Adhere the 4 1/4" circle from the Circles Framelits die set anywhere on the grid. Nest the 3 3/4" circle from the same die set inside of the larger circle. Die-cut out of gold metallic cardstock a circular frame from the circles on the Sticky Grid Sheet. Emboss the circular frame with the Crackle 3-D Embossing Folder.
Center and adhere the light blue circle to the front of the white panel on the card base with double-sided adhesive. With liquid adhesive, adhere the embossed circular frame around the edge of the light blue circle, adhere the word JOY to the center of the light blue circle, adhere three holly leaves to the top and bottom of the of the circle and adhere three holly berries to the center of each holly leaf.
On a piece of red cardstock, write the phrase "TO THE WORLD" with a white gel pen. Create a shadow effect on each letter with a fine-tip black pen. Trim the red cardstock to frame out the sentiment phrase and adhere the phrase below the JOY sentiment with foam tape.
I love how fresh and clean this card feels, and I certainly can't wait to send it to my nearest and dearest in the weeks ahead. There is nothing better than setting aside time to make when chores and errands start to pile up around the holidays. What are some handmade items you hope to make for this year's festivities? Let me know in the comments below. Until next time, happy crafting!