Hi everyone! Mona here from the Sizzix art room. I’m excited to share an adorable softie project with you today, featuring our Chapter 1 Bigz™ Sloth die...just in time for Valentine’s Day. How about a girl’s night in! Gather a few friends, your die-cutting supplies and enjoy stitching this adorable Sloth softie together. I’ve also included sloth decorated cupcake picks, an embroidery thread holder and favor boxes to make your time together even more enjoyable.
- Sizzix® Big Shot™ Machine (#660425)
- Sizzix® Bigz™ L Die - Box, Animal by Lynda Kanase (#663208)
- Sizzix® Bigz™ Die - Sloth (#663334)
- Sizzix® Framelits™ Die Set - Hearts (#657561)
- Sizzix® Framelits™ Die Set - Hearts, Scallop (#657562)
- Sizzix® Texture Fades Embossing Folder - Tiny Dots by Tim Holtz (#661612)
- Sizzix® Thinlits™ Die Set - Lip Balm Holder by Lori Whitlock (#661924)
- Sizzix Thinlits™ Die Set - Spring Things by Lynda Kanase(#663583)
- Sizzix® Accessory - Crease & Curl Tool (#662394)
- Sizzix® Accessory - Stuffing Tool, 10” (#662539)
- Sizzix Making Essentials - Cardstock Sheets (#663007)
- Sizzix® Making Essentials - Pastel Felt Sheets (#663022)
- Sizzix® Making Essentials - Washi Tape (#663054)
- Patterned Paper
- Embroidery Floss (Black, Coral, Gray, Pink)
- Foam Tape
- Liquid Adhesive
- Magnets (Small and Large)
- Ribbon (Light Pink)
- Sewing Needle
- Silver Pen
- Straight Pins
- Valentine Stickers
Die-cut the Sloth body twice out of coral felt and the remaining pieces of the Sloth out of black, gray and pink felt. Die-cut a second nose out of pink felt, too.
Place a length of washi tape onto the Bigz™ Sloth die, extending it from the tip of the branch to the bottom right corner of the die. Align a folded panel of coral felt along the edge of the washi tape and die-cut a gusset for the Sloth body.
Using coordinating embroidery floss, stitch the die-cut face pieces to one of the Sloth body pieces. Use scissors to snip a v shape at the top of the pink nose piece to make a heart shape and stitch it to the lower back of the same sloth body.
Glue two small and two large magnets to the arms and legs of the gusset.
Use coordinating embroidery floss to stitch one side of the gusset to the Sloth body die-cut (with the stitched face). Stitch only along the tummy, legs and arms.
Use embroidery floss to stitch the other side of the gusset to the second Sloth body die-cut, leaving a small opening for stuffing.
Stuff the Sloth with batting. Stitch the opening closed.
Die-cut three hearts from the Scallop Hearts and Heart die sets out of coordinating cardstock and patterned paper. Die-cut the fern shape from the Spring Things set twice out of green cardstock. Emboss the medium sized heart with the Tiny Dots embossing folder.
Edge the smallest scallop heart with a silver pen. Layer and adhere the hearts and fern die-cuts together. Adhere a Valentine sticker to the center of the heart with foam tape.
Place the Valentine heart between the magnets in the arms and legs of the Sloth.
I hope you enjoyed this stitched Sloth party project! Thanks for “Hanging Out” with me...it’s been a whole “Slotha” fun!