Hey everyone – Catherine Scanlon here to share a quick and easy Mother’s Day project you can whip up for that special woman in your life.
The supplies I used for this project are:
- embossing folder: Dena Designs Sizzix Peacocks & Leaves Textured Impressions Embossing Folder 657398
- dies: Tim Holtz Sizzix Movers + Shakers Mini Silhouette 658254 , Tim Holtz Sizzix Regal Crest 656637
- surfaces: 5” Wood Block; Tin ATC
- stamp: Flourishes Spring Bouquet SS108
- paper: My Mind’s Eye Blush 6 x 6 Pad; cream cardstock;
- embellishments: Fancy Pants Metal Frame Set #1; Heidi Swapp Notes HS00752; 4” Doily; Black Hug Snug Seam Binding; ¾” Black Satin Ribbon
- paint: Tim Holtz Distress Paint- Victorian Velvet; black and pink spray paint
- ink: brown and black stamping ink
- tools: Distressing Tool; Sand Paper or Sanding Block
- adhesive: Hot Glue Gun; 3D Dots
- other: Glossy Accents; 2 Small Eye Hooks; 2 Jump Rings
When the paint is dry, trim the patterned paper and use a glue stick to adhere it to the top of the block. When dry sand the edges of the block smooth. Wipe clean and use a brown inkpad to ink the edges of the block. Set aside to let the ink and glue dry.
To create the embossed cardstock you’ll need a piece of cream cardstock, the Peacock Embossing Folder and the Victorian Velvet Distress Paint. Trim the cardstock to fit in the folder and apply a light coating of the distress paint on one side of the folder. Spritz lightly with water and insert the paper. Emboss.
When the paint is dry, trim the cardstock to 4’ x 4”. For a distressed look, use an edge distressing tool to lightly rough up the edges and add some brown ink to the edges.
While the cardstock and wood block are drying, prepare the other pieces:
- Add some spray ink or color to the Heidi Swapp Note.
- Cut the Regal Crest from the Tin ATC and Emboss with the Peacock Embossing Folder. Spray with pink spray paint. Sand with a sanding block when dry to reveal the pattern.
- Spray the white paper doily with the black spray paint.
- Spray the metal Frame from Fancy Pants with Pink Spray Paint, lightly sand when dry.
- Attach the screw eyes to the bottom of the wood block.
- Stamp the sentiment on cream cardstock and trim to fit on the metal frame.
- Trim the patterned paper to fit on the back of the wood block (approx. 3 ¼” square).
Glue the patterned paper on the backside of the wood block to cover the ends of the black satin ribbon.
Add the Regal Crest with 3D Dots or Foam Tape to the center of the Heidi Swapp Note. Add the Silhouette on top of the Regal Crest with 3D Dots.
Adhere the sentiment block to the metal frame and attach it to the screw eyes on the bottom of the wood block using the jump rings.
There you have it, a quick and easy piece of art for a special Mother in your life!
Thanks for joining me, see you next time!
Nothing says "I Love You" more than a handmade gift! Visit our die cutting project gallery at Sizzix.com for more Mother's Day project ideas that are sure to put a smile on your Mom's face this Mother's Day!