Hi everyone, it's Alexis from the Creative Team! With Valentine's Day quickly approaching, I wanted to share a sweet card I made to give to my parents this year. Whether you are celebrating a loved one, a significant other, your friends or kids, there is nothing quite like a handmade card to let them know how much you appreciate and adore them. Check out the step by step instructions below to create your own version of this make!
What you will need:
- Sizzix Big Shot Machine (#660200)
- Sizzix Bigz XL Alphabet Die - Chunky Alphabet (#664385)
- Sizzix Framelits Die Set - Hearts, Scallop (#657562)
- Sizzix Thinlits Die Set - Elle Lowercase (#664375)
- Sizzix Thinlits Die Set - Geo Floral Frame (#664377)
- Sizzix Thinlits Die Set - Hatching Egg (#664362)
- Sizzix Thinlits Die Set - Natural Leaves (#664361)
- Sizzix Accessory - Glue Gun (#663550)
- Sizzix Accessory - Glue Gun Sticks, 8", Clear, 20 PK (#663065)
- Sizzix Making Essential - Adhesive Sheets, 6" x 6", Permanent, 10 Sheets (#656802)
- Sizzix Making Essential - Cardstock, 8 1/4" x 11 5/8", 20 Assorted Colors, 80 Sheets (#663007)
- Sizzix Making Essential - Foam Tape (#663709)
- Sizzix Making Essential - Mat Board, 6" x 13", White, 6 Sheets (#656492)
- Sizzix Making Essential - Permanent Adhesive Roller (#663474)
- Sizzix Making Tool - Paper Sculpting Kit (#662225)
- Cardstock (White)
- Liquid Adhesive
- Patterned Paper
- Paper Trimmer
- Rhinestones (Clear, Adhesive-Backed)
How to make:
- Cut a folded 5" x 7" card base from white cardstock. Cut a 4 1/2" x 6 1/2" piece of desired patterned paper. Center and adhere the patterned paper to the front of the card base with double-sided adhesive.
2. Cut a 5 1/2" x 5 1/2" panel of blue cardstock. Evenly fold all four edges into the center of the cardstock to create the base for a handmade envelope.
3. Adhere three sides of the folded edges down with double-sided tape to create a faux envelope. Note: Leave a small upper portion of the two side panels without adhesive so that you can tuck small portions of die-cuts into the envelope in a later step.
4. Die-cut out of cardstock and patterned paper a variety of florals and foliage from the Geo Floral Frame, Hatching Egg and Natural Leaves Thinlits die sets. Additionally, die-cut out of patterned paper the phrase "you" from the Elle Lowercase die set and out of light blue cardstock the smallest heart from the Hearts, Scallop die set.
5. With the Paper Sculpting Kit, create dimension on the die-cut florals by using the gray molding pad and the various stylus tools. Assemble the floral die cuts into desired layered floral stacks and adhere the elements together with liquid adhesive.
6. Arrange the various foliage die-cuts inside the lid of the handmade envelope as desired. Adhere the bottom portion of the die-cuts to the inside lid of the envelope with liquid adhesive.
7. Arrange the various layered flowers as desired throughout the foliage. Adhere the flowers to the envelope with hot glue.
8. Cut a 6" x 6" piece of white cardstock and mat board. Adhere the cardstock to the mat board with an adhesive sheet.
9. Cut the mat board down to smaller pieces and die-cut the letters "L O V E" from the Chunky Alphabet die set.
10. Adhere the small scalloped heart to the center of the envelope with foam tape. Arrange the die cut LOVE sentiment directly below the heart and adhere the letters to the envelope with hot glue.
11. Adhere the envelope at a slight angle to the center of the card front with double-sided adhesive. With a pair of tweezers, apply rhinestones to the center of each flower. Out of pink cardstock, Free hand cut a small banner with scissors to fit below the LOVE sentiment on the card. Adhere the die cut cursive letters "you" to the center of the banner with liquid adhesive. Adhere the banner below the LOVE sentiment with foam tape.
I hope you liked this floral explosion of love! It was so much fun to make and I can't wait to give it to my loved ones in just a few days time. What types of cards are you making for Valentine's Day? Let me know in the comments below.
Until next time...Happy Crafting!