Hello everyone! It’s Richele, and I’m back with a festive card for the New Year. Can you believe it’s almost 2019? My card today showcases the new Kaleidoscope 3-D Embossing Folder by Tim Holtz. It’s amazing all the detail and dimension they give. I’ve also used the 1" tall Alphanumeric. It’s a great way to customize any project and say something special.
- Sizzix® Vagabond 2 Machine by Tim Holtz® (#660855)
- Sizzix Bigz™ Die - Stacked Stars by Tim Holtz (#658771)
- Sizzix Thinlits™ Die Set - Alphanumeric (1” Tall) by Tim Holtz (#660210)
- Sizzix 3-D Texture Fades Embossing Folder - Kaleidoscope by Tim Holtz (#663296)
- Sizzix Accessory - Chrome Precision Base Plate for Intricate Thinlits Dies (#660470)
- Sizzix Accessory - Cutting Pads, Standard 1 pair (#655093)
- Sizzix Foam Adhesive Sheets 4” x 6” Assorted, 6 Sheets (#663042)
- Advantus Idea-ology Metallic Kraft Stock 8” x 8”, Gold & Silver (#31404)
- Cardstock (Black, White)
Apply Sizzix Foam Adhesive Sheets to the back of the black cardstock and die-cut “Happy” using the Alphanumeric Thinlits Die Set. Die-cut “2019” from some gold glitter paper.
Die-cut several gold and silver stars using the Stacked Stars Bigz Die. Tip: When using a Bigz die you can cut thicker materials like chip board, fabric, thin metal and more.
Mist a piece of silver Metallic Kraft Stock with water and then emboss by running through your machine twice. This will ensure a deep emboss using the 3-D Kaleidoscope Texture Fade.
Cut a gold and black mat for card. Adhere the layers to the white card base.
Adhere the word “Happy.” TIP: Cut a Post-It 1 1/2” wide and stick to card to help line up the letters.
Cut banner 3/4” wide from black cardstock and cut a flag shape on the end. Adhere “2019” in the center of the banner. Then adhere banner to card with foam tape.
Adhere the Stacked Stars together then use foam tape to adhere to card.
I love how my card came together!
I made some cute straw decorations using the leftover Stacked Stars. They will be so fun on New Year’s Eve. What will you create for your New Year’s Eve party?
Thanks for stopping by!