Hello quilters! We have another amazing Sew Cute With Walmart today, featuring some red, white, and blue-themed hanging wall quilts! Celebrating fireworks, parties, and national spirit for the next holiday with this easy-to-make quilt. Start below!
All seam allowances are 1/4" unless noted.
Fat 1/8 = approximately 9" x 22"
Fat 1/4 = approximately 18" x 22"
WOF = width of fabric
- Sizzix® Big Shot™ Machine
- Sizzix Bigz Die - Square, 4" Finished (4 1/2" Unfinished)
- Sizzix Bigz XL 25" Die - Strips, 2 1/2" Wide
Assembling the Project:
- Using the photo as a guide, lay out the quilt on a design wall or the floor. This will make it easier to keep track of piecing.
- Place a 3" length of ribbon on a white Square about 2" from the top of the Square and in the center of the width. Turn the raw edge under by 1/4", and stitch down the ribbon to form a firecracker wick. Leave the bottom edge of the ribbon raw as it will be sewn into seam allowance.
- Make six more firecracker wicks.
- Sew the Squares together into rows. Press the seams in alternate directions to reduce the bulk at the seams.
- Sew the rows together until you have completed the runner top. Again, press the seams in alternate directions.
- Layer the backing, batting and quilt top. Quilt by hand or machine as desired.
- Sew binding Strips together to form one long Strip. Fold wrong sides together lengthwise, and press.
- With a 1/4" seam, sew the raw edges of the binding to the edges of the right side of the quilt. Turn the folded edge of the binding to the back side of the runner and stitch in place by hand, mitering the corners.
And there you have it! An awesome quilt decor that can be used for any patriotic holiday!