Updating or refreshing your pillowcases doesn't have to cost you a new sheet set. Take this adorable die and easily add a little dash of Spring to your bedding or that of a little girls room. Take a look at how we create this project below!
Finished Size: 20" x 30"
All seam allowances are 1/4" unless noted.
* = Adhere fusible adhesive to back of fabric before die-cutting the shapes.
Assembling the Project:
- Fold the solid green cuff in half and then in half again, and crease to mark the center of the pillow cuff.
- Arrange the Flowers and circles on the bottom right quadrant of the solid green background.
- Heat fuse in place with an iron.
- Place the solid green fabric right side up. Place the floral print right side down, on top of the other fabric, lining up the raw edges and pinning all the pieces together. Roll up the floral print, bringing up the solid green fabric from underneath, and pin it at the top with the others to form a tube. (Note: This will enclose all pieces of the pillowcase inside the solid green cuff. This is sometimes called the “Hot Dog” or “Tube” method of making a pillowcase.)
- Sew along the raw edge. Carefully pull the floral print out of the tube. This will enclose the seam inside the solid green cuff. Press.
- Create a French seam by folding the pillowcase wrong sides together. Sew down the side only. Turn inside out. Sew a 5/8" seam down the side only.
- Repeat step 6 to sew the bottom seam.
- Fold right side out and press.