Sew Cute With Walmart: Flowers A Plenty Quilt
April showers bring...quilt flowers? That's how the saying goes, right? Grab your Big Shot makers, because it's time to make add a little spring to your home!
Finished Size: 36" x 52 1/2"
All seam allowances are 1/4" unless noted.
Charm pack = collection of approximately 40 pre-cut 5" squares
* = Adhere fusible adhesive to back of fabric before die-cutting the shapes.
WOF = width of fabric
Assembling the Project:
- Using the photo as a guide, lay out the quilt on a design wall or the floor. This will make it easier to keep track of piecing.
- Make sets of 4 1/2" Squares, with one set numbering 9 across by 3 rows down and another set numbering 9 across by 8 rows.
- Sew the squares together into rows. Press the seams in alternate directions to reduce the bulk at the seams.
- Sew the rows together until you have completed the set. Again, press the seams in alternate directions. Set aside both sets.
- Lay out the Flowers in a pleasing manner on the blue 8 1/2" wide strip. Heat fuse the Flowers in place.
- Use decorative stitches to secure the Flowers to the background.
- Marking the middle on both pieces, sew the 3 x 9 set of squares to the top of the solid blue strip.
- Marking the middle on both pieces, add the 8 x 9 set of squares to the bottom of the solid blue strip.
- Layer the backing, batting and quilt top. Quilt by hand or machine as desired.
- Sew binding Strips together to form one long Strip. Fold wrong sides together lengthwise, and press.
- With a 1/4" seam, sew the raw edges of the binding to the edges of the right side of the quilt. Turn the folded edge of the binding to the back side of the runner and stitch in place by hand, mitering the corners.