Star Wars fan, unite! There's so much fun that comes with personalizing a quilt with your favorite characters or movies! Whether you give this fun quilt away as a gift or keep for yourself, you'll love how much easier it comes together with the help of our dies! Get the full instructions below!
Finished Size: 44" x 64"
Dies Required: 800005 Sizzix® Bigz™ Die - Square, 4" Finished (4 1/2" Unfinished)
658328 Sizzix Bigz XL 25" Die - Strips, 2 1/2" Wide
Yardage Fabric Cutting Instructions
1 3/4 yd Licensed print Cut (4) 10 1/2" wide strips x WOF
Cut (6) 2 1/2" wide Strips x WOF for binding
1/3 yd Blue solid Cut (15) 4 1/2" Squares
1/3 yd Yellow solid Cut (12) 4 1/2" Squares
1/3 yd Red solid Cut (12) 4 1/2" Squares
1/3 yd Green solid Cut (12) 4 1/2" Squares
1/3 yd Teal solid Cut (15) 4 1/2" Squares
50" x 70" Batting
2 1/2 yd Backing fabric
All seam allowances are 1/4" unless noted.
WOF = width of fabric
Assembling the Project:
- Using the photo as a guide, lay out the quilt on a design wall or the floor. This will make it easier to keep track of piecing.
- Sew the squares together into rows. Press the seams in alternate directions to reduce the bulk at the seams. Make three sets of 44" wide rows.
- Sew a 10 1/2" licensed print in between and on top of each of the square rows.
- Sew each of the sets together into horizontal rows.
- Add the last 10 1/2" licensed print strip to the bottom.
- Layer the backing, batting and quilt top. Quilt by hand or machine as desired.
- Sew the binding Strips together to form one long Strip. Fold wrong sides together lengthwise, and press.
- With a 1/4" seam, sew the raw edges of the binding to the edges of the right side of the quilt. Turn the folded edge of the binding to the back side of the quilt, and stitch in place by hand, mitering the corners.