Mother's Day is right around the corner, makers! We love making things for our moms, whether it's a quilt, sewing up a home decor piece, or adding a special touch to our presents. Today we want to share this special DIY Brooch with you. It's simple, it's gorgeous and your mom is sure to treasure it. Check out how we made it below!
Finished Size: 2 1/2" x 3"
Die Required: 800002 Sizzix® Bigz™ Die - Circles, 1 1/2", 2" & 2 1/2"
Felt sheets are approximately 8 1/2" x 11".
Assembling the Project:
- Fold one pink felt Circle into quarters. Stitch around the corner to secure.
- Fold another pink felt Circle into quarters and stay stitch to itself. Then secure it to the previous quartered circle.
- Repeat until 11 pink Circles are connected.
- Form into a desired floral shape.
- Place the last pink felt Circle onto the bottom, and secure it to the center of the flower.
- Sub-cut the 2 1/2" green felt Circle on the Circles die to create a leaf shape.
- Repeat with the 2" green felt Circle.
- Stitch one green felt sub-cut Circle to each side of the flat pink felt Circle on the bottom of the flower.
- Stitch the flower down to the center of a desired length of ribbon.