Whip up this sweet table runner in no time with only a few supplies! It's perfect to brighten up any room or when you want to make a quick change in your living room.
Finished Size: 16" x 48"
800005 Sizzix® Bigz™ Die - Square, 4" Finished (4 1/2" Unfinished)
800003 Sizzix Bigz Die - Half-Square Triangles, 4 1/2" Assembled Square
658328 Sizzix Bigz XL 25" Die - Strips, 2 1/2" Wide
Yardage Fabric Cutting Instructions
1/2 yd Large multicolor dots print Cut (12) 4 1/2" Squares
Cut (12) 4 1/2" Half-Square Triangles
1/2 yd Yellow paisley print Cut (24) 4 1/2" Half-Square Triangles
Fat 1/4 White dots on yellow print Cut (12) 4 1/2" Half-Square Triangles
1/4 yd Gray print Cut (4) 2 1/2" wide Strips x WOF for binding
1 yd Backing fabric
20" x 52" Batting
All seam allowances are 1/4" unless noted.
Fat 1/4 = approximately 18" x 22"
WOF = width of fabric
Assembling the Project:
- Sew together a set of one yellow paisley print Half-Square Triangle and one large multicolor dots Half-Square Triangle along the diagonal seam to form a 4 1/2" square block. Make 24 sets.
- Sew together a set of one yellow paisley print Half-Square Triangle and one white dots on yellow Half-Square Triangle along the diagonal seam to form a 4 1/2" square block. Make 12 sets.
- Using the quilt photo as a guide, arrange the Half-Square Triangles and Squares into rows.
- Sew the blocks together into rows. Press the seams in alternate directions to keep the bulk down at the points.
- Sew the horizontal rows together.
- Layer the backing, batting and runner top. Quilt by hand or machine as desired.
- Sew the binding Strips together to form one long Strip. Fold wrong sides together lengthwise, and press.
- With a 1/4" seam, sew the raw edges of the binding to the edges of the right side of the runner. Turn the folded edge of the binding to the back side of the runner, and stitch in place by hand, mitering the corners.