Spring Scrapbooking Inspiration
Hi everyone, it's Alexis from the Creative Team! I don't know about you, but I have a definite case of spring fever! I can't wait for all that comes with this next season, especially, flowers, butterflies and all the beautiful colors that will bloom. I saw this colorful pattern paper and it instantly reminded me of spring. I thought it would make the perfect backdrop for a spring color-themed scrapbook layout. I used three new die sets from our current Chapter 1 release that I think you will fall in love with, just like I did. Check out the details below to see how I made this scrapbook layout.
What you will need:
- Sizzix® Big Shot® Machine (660200)
- Sizzix® Thinlits® Die Set 17PK - Bold Flora (664397)
- Sizzix® Thinlits® Die Set 3PK - Intricate Wings (664394)
- Sizzix® Thinlits® Die Set 12PK - Teardrop Terrarium (664366)
- Sizzix™ Making Essential - Cardstock , 8 1/4" x 11 5/8", 20 Assorted Colors, 80 Sheets (663007)
- Sizzix™ Making Essential - Express Glue, 120ml (664576)
- Sizzix™ Making Essential - Foam Tape (663709)
- Sizzix™ Making Essential - Permanent Adhesive Roller (663474)
- Sizzix™ Making Essential - Permanent Pens, Assorted Colors, 12 Pack (663056)
- Black Writing Pen
- Patterned Paper
- Paper Trimmer
- White Gel Pen
How to make:
- Cut a desired panel of patterned paper to 5" x 12". Adhere the patterned paper to the left-hand side of another piece of patterned paper with double-sided adhesive.
- Die-cut out of desired cardstock colors four various butterflies from the Intricate Wings die set. With liquid adhesive, adhere vellum to the back of each die cut butterfly. Fussy cut the excess vellum around the edge of the die-cut butterfly with a pair of scissors. Adhere the butterflies as desired down the right-hand side of the small patterned panel with small pieces of foam tape.
3. Die-cut out of desired cardstock colors a variety of flowers from the Bold Flora die set. With liquid adhesive, layer and adhere together a variety of stacked flowers in mix and match color assortments. Draw outlines and designs near the center of some of the stacked flowers with a white gel pen.
4. Adhere the various flower stacks directly to the right and amongst the butterflies in a color pattern of choice using a mixture of liquid adhesive or foam tape.
5. Choose a photo and cut a mat of cardstock to back the photo. Adhere the photo to the base of the scrapbook layout on the far, right-hand side. Below the photo draw lines for journaling with a ruler and a fine tip black pen. Journal below the photograph.
6. Die-cut out of white cardstock three flower strands from the Teardrop Terrarium die set. Color all three strands as desired with permanent pens.
7. Arrange the flower strands in a semi-circle around the photograph and adhere them down with liquid adhesive to create a wreath effect.
I hope you enjoyed this inspirational spring layout. What are you most looking forward to scraping with this coming spring? Let me know in the comments below.
Until next time...Happy Crafting!