Hello everyone…it’s Richele again! I love making shaker cards and the recipients are always delighted by the fun of what’s inside. The new Skeleton Leaves and Cutout Script Thinlits sets are the perfect dies to pair together for our card today. Let’s get started.
- Sizzix® Vagabond™ 2 Machine by Tim Holtz ® (#660855)
- Sizzix Adhesive Sheets - 6" x 6", Permanent, 10 Sheets (#656802)
- Sizzix 3-D Texture Fades™ Embossing Folder - Lumber by Tim Holtz® (#662718)
- Sizzix Thinlits™ Die Set 74pk - Cutout Script 3/4” Tall by Tim Holtz (#663113)
- Sizzix Thinlits Die Set 5 PK - Skeleton Leaves by Tim Holtz (#663094)
- Sizzix Thinlits Die Set 6 PK - Stitched Square by Tim Holtz (#662231)
- Advantus Idea-ology Metallic Kraft Stock 8” x 8”, Gold & Silver (#31404)
- Cardstock (Kraft, Metallic Kraft)
- Distress® Mixed Media Heavystock
- Distress Oxide Ink (Antique Linen, Frayed Burlap, Gathered Twig, Rusty Hinge)
- Ranger Mini Ink Blending Tool
- Clear Acetate
- Foam Tape
Cut a piece of Mixed Media Heavystock to 3 3/4” x 5” and die-cut a window using the Stitched Square Thinlits set. Spritz both sides of the die-cut piece with water. This will help you get a better embossed image.
Create a “Sizzix sandwich” for the 3-D Texture Fades Embossing Folder that includes: Platform, 3-D Texture Fades with paper, and one cutting pad on top. That’s it! Now run through the Vagabond Machine a couple times to emboss paper.
Die-cut the Leaf shape from the Skeleton Leaves Thinlits set using Metallic Kraft Stock that has Sizzix Adhesive on the back. I used gold, but silver would be pretty, too.
Add Sizzix Adhesive Sheets to the back of the kraft cardstock and die-cut “Thankful” using the Cutout Script Thinlits set.
Color the frame with Distress Oxide Inks on an Ink Blending Tool.
Adhere a piece of clear acetate to cover the window area.
Peel and adhere Skeleton Leaf to the front of the window and the word “Thankful” below.
Ink the edges as desired with Distress Oxide Ink on an Ink Blending Tool.
Add foam tape to the back of the frame to create the shaker. Add sequins, beads or glitter.
Adhere layers as shown and add a small bow to the stem of the leaf.
Thanksgiving is right around the corner and anyone would be grateful to receive a beautiful card like this. What will you add to your shaker card? Beads, glitter, sequins or even a few little die-cuts? Let me know in the comments below!
Thanks for coming by!