Who can? TOUCAN! This adorable card isn't just inspirational and a sweet token of friendship, it's also tropiCOOL! And we're all about this hot trend in card making, parties, home decor and well...everything! If you want to add this friendship card to your card stash, join us for the full tutorial below!
Bring the tropics to your craft room (and card stash) with Lynda Kanase's new Tropicool Vibes collection! For this project, you'll need the following supplies.
- Sizzix Big Shot™ Machine (#660425)
- 3-D Textured Impressions Embossing Folder- Tropical Leaves (#662827)
- Sizzix Foil Adhesive Sheets - Silver (#662126)
- Sizzix Adhesive Sheet- Permanent (#656802)
- White Cardstock
- Plain Copy Paper – One Sheet
- Green Cardstock – Bazzil: Lime Crush, Rain Forest
- Patterned Paper
- Ranger Non-Stick Craft Sheet
- Ranger Alcohol Ink in Lettuce, Bottle and Pesto
- Alcohol Ink Applicator
- Embossing Ink Pad
- Ranger Embossing Powder in Princess Gold
- Embossing Heat Tool
- Foam Dots
Ready? Grab your supplies and check out these steps!
1. Begin with a card that is folded to 4 ¼” x 5 ½”.
2. Cut the patterned paper to 3 ¾ x 5”. Adhere to the front of the white folded card.
3. Cut another piece of white cardstock to 3 ½” x 4 ¾”. Adhere to the center of the patterned paper.
4. Cut a piece of the silver foil adhesive sheet to 3” x 4”. Remove the backing from the silver foil adhesive sheet and adhere to the plain copier paper. This adds some stability to the foil. Place this in the Tropical Leaves 3D Embossing Folder.
Place the folder with the hinge towards the rollers. Using just one cutting pad, run this through your Big Shot machine.
Trim this to 2 ½” x 3 ½”.
5. Working on the craft sheet and using the alcohol ink applicator, apply various shades of green alcohol ink to the embossed foil adhesive sheet.
Adhere to the left of the white cardstock.
6. Using the embossing ink pad, stamp the sentiment on white cardstock and heat emboss using the gold embossing powder.
Using the large die shape, die cut words and trim off the “handles” of the shape.
Adhere and trim off excess paper on the right.
7. Stamp the larger toucan on watercolor paper using the gold embossing powder and heat emboss.
Use markers to color.
Use the coordinating die and die cut the toucan.
Use foam dots to adhere the toucan.
8. Apply the Sizzix adhesive sheet to the back of each piece of green cardstock. Die cut the following: Dark green: 3 vines, Light green: 3 leaves, Medium green: 2 vines and 3 leaves.
Adhere with the darkest leaves first and finishing with the lightest leaves on top. Trim any excess leaves.
And done! Now you're ready to add this punny sentiment to any sweet gift or send it off in the mail for a little happy mail action. Don't forget to pin this project to your Pinterest board for later, because once the word is out that you make these super cute cards, you won't be able to keep your friends and family away.
Who would you give this punny card to? Let us know in the comments below and if you make a stash of these, make sure to hashtag your creation with #sizzix and #lyndakanase if you share it on Facebook or Instagram. Until next time, makers!