Articles by tag "die-cutting machine"
- What is the warranty on Sizzix Machines? Most of the Big Shot machines come with 1 year limited warranty as standard. This can be extended to 3 years, free of charge, by registering your machine on the Sizzix website. For details of which machines qualify for an extended warranty and to register your machine, click here.
- Which machines can I register for an extended warranty? We're offering a 2 year extended Warranty on Big Shot machines, Big Shot Plus machines, Big Shot Foldaway machine, Big Shot Express machines and Sidekick machines. Click here to register.
- What if I register my machine 6 months after purchasing it? Your 3 years limited warranty starts from the date you purchased your machine.
- What are the differences between die-cutting machines? To learn more about Sizzix die cutting machines and how to use them visit our machine pages. Sizzix Big Shot Switch Plus Sizzix Big Shot Switch Plus
- Is a cracking sound normal when I die-cut? If you are new to die-cutting and are worried you may have broken your machine because it is making cracking noises, this is completely normal so don't worry. It is just the sound of your machine applying pressure to the Cutting Pads and die to cut through the material.
- What is a die-cutting sandwich? In terms of die-cutting, a sandwich is a combination of platforms that are assembled to enable the die to cut through the material. The sandwich type used is dependent on the type of die being used and the material.
- What is a shim? A shim is another term for what is usually an additional sheet of cardstock. With varying die complexities shims can add extra pressure or act as a wedge to enable a cleaner die-cut through your materials.
- My Cutting Pads keep bending. Is there a way to flatten my Cutting Pads if they warp? To extend the life of your Cutting Pads, make sure you flip the pads with each use to ensure even wear and tear. Also, be sure to use the entire surface of the pad instead of placing your dies in the same spot with each use.
- My Thinlits/Framelits/chemically etched die is curved and is not cutting properly. What can I do? This may be the result of an overused die/general wear and tear or using an incorrect sandwich option applying too much pressure causing the warping. We recommend watching our how to use die videos for complete guide on how to use our dies.
- My card/paper sticks in the die. What should I do? Make sure to periodically clean Bigz or Originals dies with the Die Pick. Thinlits and Framelits can be cleaned with the Read More