Articles by tag "die-cutting"
- My Cutting Pads keep bending. Is there a way to flatten my Cutting Pads if they warp? To extend the life of your Cutting Pads, make sure you flip the pads with each use to ensure even wear and tear. Also, be sure to use the entire surface of the pad instead of placing your dies in the same spot with each use.
- My Cutting Pads are marked and are now marking my design. What can I do? Extensive wear and tear can render Cutting Pads unusable. You can purchase replacement Cutting Pads from the Sizzix website.
- My Thinlits/Framelits/chemically etched die is curved and is not cutting properly. What can I do? This may be the result of an overused die/general wear and tear or using an incorrect sandwich option applying too much pressure causing the warping. We recommend watching our how to use die videos for complete guide on how to use our dies.
- My card/paper sticks in the die. What should I do? Make sure to periodically clean Bigz or Originals dies with the Die Pick. Thinlits and Framelits can be cleaned with the Read More
- I use all my Big Shot Machine accessories in my Big Shot Plus Machine. Will this affect the rollers/pressure of the machine? With the exception of the Precision Base Plate, all the accessories for the Big Shot Machine work in the Big Shot Plus Machine.
- My die is cutting where it should be folding/creasing. What can I do? When using dies with a crease rule, replace one of the Cutting Pads with a Premium Crease Pad. Crease Pads are compatible with Bigz, Movers & Shapers, Originals and ScoreBoards dies.
- What is the thickest material you can cut with Bigz and Originals dies? As a rule, anything that can be cut with a pair of scissors can be cut by Sizzix Bigz and Originals dies. You can find the exact materials using our material compatibility table.
- Is there a maximum paper weight (GSM) for cutting with wafer-thin Thinlits or Framelits dies? Approximately 66lb cardstock (300GSM) is the maximum recommended paper weight for wafer-thin dies depending on design and intricacy of the die. Thicker cardstock could result in damage to the die or the machine due to pressure.
- What is the thickest metal that can be embossed? The following gauges work best with our DecoEmboss dies: Copper and brass: 28G Alkemè and aluminum: 25G Nickel: 30G Alloy: It depends on what it is in the alloy. For example, if the alloy has a high percentage of nickel, then approximately 30G would work, but if it is high in aluminum, then 25G would work.
- Can I use my machine to decorate food? I have been told you can cut very thin icing with Bigz dies. Sizzix products are not designed for use with food of any kind.