Articles by tag "Sizzix machine"
- Where will I find my serial number? You can find your unique serial number on the sticker on the bottom of your machine. Or at the side if you have a sidekick machine. Click here to register.
- Why does my machine not have a serial number? If your machine is more than 3 years old, it may not have a serial number. This means that it cannot be registered for an additional warranty.
- Is a cracking sound normal when I die-cut? If you are new to die-cutting and are worried you may have broken your machine because it is making cracking noises, this is completely normal so don't worry. It is just the sound of your machine applying pressure to the Cutting Pads and die to cut through the material.
- My cutting plates are marking and bending when I use them, is this normal? Cutting plates are consumable items which means eventually they will need replacing. It’s completely normal for your cutting pads to become marked. Check out these videos to help you care for ... Read More
- What is the difference between cutting pads and plates? Simple, there is no difference! Cutting pads and cutting plates are the same product.
- Why can't the Precision Base Plate be used with the Big Shot Foldaway or Sizzix Plus Machine? As we develop new machines we look to enhance the pressure to accommodate the performance required for more intricate designs. As a result, the Big Shot Foldaway has adequate ... Read More
- My Cutting Pads are marked and are now marking my design. What can I do? Extensive wear and tear can render Cutting Pads unusable. You can purchase replacement Cutting Pads from the Sizzix website.
- What is the thickest metal that can be embossed? The following gauges work best with our DecoEmboss dies: Copper and brass: 28G Alkemè and aluminum: 25G Nickel: 30G Alloy: It depends on what it is in the alloy. For example, if the alloy has a high percentage of nickel, then approximately 30G would work, but if it is high in aluminum, then 25G would work.
- How do I use other brands with Sizzix products? Here at Sizzix® we have a wide range of universal dies and die-cutting systems. However, we can't advise on the use of competitor dies in our machines. If you wish to use other brands in any of the Sizzix systems we would advise checking on the manufacturer's website for instructions.
- Can I use my Sizzix dies in a non-Sizzix machine, or vice versa? We would always recommend getting in contact with the manufacturer of the machine or the dies you are using, if they are not Sizzix, to clarify whether they can be used alongside our machines and dies.