Articles by tag "Sizzix machines"
- What is the warranty on Sizzix Machines? Most of the Big Shot machines come with 1 year limited warranty as standard. This can be extended to 3 years, free of charge, by registering your machine on the Sizzix website. For details of which machines qualify for an extended warranty and to register your machine, click here.
- Which machines can I register for an extended warranty? We're offering a 2 year extended Warranty on Big Shot machines, Big Shot Plus machines, Big Shot Foldaway machine, Big Shot Express machines and Sidekick machines. Click here to register.
- What if I register my machine 6 months after purchasing it? Your 3 years limited warranty starts from the date you purchased your machine.
- What is a shim? A shim is another term for what is usually an additional sheet of cardstock. With varying die complexities shims can add extra pressure or act as a wedge to enable a cleaner die-cut through your materials.
- My Cutting Pads keep bending. Is there a way to flatten my Cutting Pads if they warp? To extend the life of your Cutting Pads, make sure you flip the pads with each use to ensure even wear and tear. Also, be sure to use the entire surface of the pad instead of placing your dies in the same spot with each use.
- What is the thickest material you can cut with Bigz and Originals dies? As a rule, anything that can be cut with a pair of scissors can be cut by Sizzix Bigz and Originals dies. You can find the exact materials using our material compatibility table.
- Is there a maximum paper weight (GSM) for cutting with wafer-thin Thinlits or Framelits dies? Approximately 66lb cardstock (300GSM) is the maximum recommended paper weight for wafer-thin dies depending on design and intricacy of the die. Thicker cardstock could result in damage to the die or the machine due to pressure.
- Are any Sizzix products recyclable? Here at Sizzix we are working hard to ensure our products/packaging are recyclable and sustainable.