Supplies Used: Construction Paper, Chalk, Crayons, Glue, Pens (Colored), Scissors
The teacher will die-cut the materials for student use prior to the lesson.
- Die-cut Apples from red, green and yellow cardstock or construction paper.
- Place three pieces of dark brown paper over the stem and leaf area of the Apple and die-cut. Cut the brown stems and adhere to the Apples (see Main Photo).
- Place three pieces of dark green paper over the leaf area of the Apple and die-cut. Cut the green leaves and adhere to the brown stems on the Apples (see Main Photo).
- Place dark red, light green and dark yellow pieces of paper over the highlight on the Apple and die-cut. Cut along the perforations.
- Adhere the dark red highlight to the red Apple. Adhere the light green highlight to the green Apple. Adhere the dark yellow highlight to the yellow Apple.
- Use chalk or crayons to add highlights.
- Cut three small rectangles of white paper and print the words Red, Green and Yellow on them.
- Mat the word Red to dark red paper. Adhere to the red Apple.
- Mat the word Green to light green paper. Adhere to the green Apple.
- Mat the word Yellow to dark yellow paper. Adhere to the yellow Apple (see Main Photo).