Supplies Used: Beans (Dried), Cardstock, Craft Knife, Felt, Glue, Marker, Needle, Pencil, Scissors, Tag Board, Thread
The teacher will die-cut the materials for student use prior to the lesson.
- Use a 22" x 23" piece of blue tag board for the target backing.
- Hand cut grass, tree trunk, branches and leaves using various colors of cardstock or construction paper. Adhere the cut designs to the tag board (see Main Photo).
- Draw three 3 3/4" circles on the tree with a pencil.
- Cut the circles using a craft knife.
- Add the title to the target with a black marker.
- Die-cut four to eight Apples using red felt for the bean bags.
- Hand or machine stitch two Apples together, leaving a 1 1/2" opening at the bottom.
- Fill the Apples about 2/3 full with dried beans and sew the opening closed.
- Lean the target board against a wall. The students may toss the bean bags in teams or one on one (see Main Photo).