Supplies Used: Adhesive, Construction paper, Markers or pens, Rubber bands, Scissors
The teacher will die-cut the materials for student use prior to the lesson.
- Die-cut a thaumatrope and a pair of animation images.
- Decorate the images with markers or pens.
- Adhere one image on each side of the thaumatrope, following directions 4 and 5 below.
- Whenever the orientation of the design is horizontal (rubber bands on the sides), one image should be glued upside down from the partnering image on the other side of the thaumatrope.
- Whenever the orientation of the design is vertical (rubber bands on top and bottom), the images should both be glued right side up.
- Poke rubber bands through the holes in the thaumatrope, and knot each one by threading the band through itself.
- Hold the thaumatrope by the rubber bands, and use them to turn the circle quickly back and forth to create moving animation (Main Photo).