Supplies Used: Adhesive, Construction paper, Crayons, markers or pens, Hole punches, Poster board, Ribbon, Scissors, Stickers, Thread
The teacher will die-cut the materials for student use prior to the lesson.
- Die-cut Butterflies in pairs using several colors of construction paper.
- Using different sizes of hole punches, punch holes in some of the Butterflies. They will look like polka dots when placed over a solid colored Butterfly.
- Students can use crayons, markers or pens to decorate their Butterflies.
- Cover the back side of a Butterfly with adhesive.
- Cut a length of thread and place down the center of the body of the Butterfly on top of the adhesive.
- Align and adhere the second Butterfly over the thread on the first Butterfly, creating a sandwich and resulting in a hanging Butterfly (Main Photo).
- Die-cut the Spiral using poster board. Punch a hole in the center of the Spiral for hanging.
- Cut a length of ribbon, and knot the two ends together.
- Poke the unknotted end of the ribbon through the hole in the Spiral. The knot holds the ribbon in the Spiral.
- Punch holes along the coil of the Spiral.
- Poke the thread of the decorated hanging Butterflies through each hole, and hold in place by securing the thread with a small sticker (Main Photo).