Motivate student reading with these clever fox and owl corner bookmarks.
Supplies Used: Adhesive, Construction paper or cardstock, Crayons or markers, Pen or crayon (white)
The teacher will die-cut the materials for student use prior to the lesson.
- Die-cut the Bookmark, Corner Fox shape from various colors of construction paper.
- Fold on the perforations of the corner.
- Attach the ear piece to the top of the corner.
- Place adhesive on the folded corner tabs, and attach to the square .
- Cut by hand two small black pieces of paper, and adhere to the back of the eye holes.
- Place adhesive on back of the fox face, and adhere to one side of the corner, aligning the sides and point of the corner. Adhere the other fox face on the other side of the corner, aligning the sides and point of the corner (Figure A).
- Attach the nose circle piece to the point of the corner, or use a black marker to create a nose (Main Photo).
- Discuss and read about animals found in the forest and their eating habits.
- Figure A