Supplies Used: Adhesive, Batting, Beads, Buttons, Craft spray-on adhesive, Crayons or markers, Dried flowers or grasses, Ink pad, Paper bags or sacks, Ribbon, Scissors, Sewing Machine, Thread
The teacher will die-cut the materials for student use prior to the lesson.
- Cut paper bags or lunch sacks open and use the paper for the ornaments.
- Cut batting to match the size of the paper strips.
- Using craft spray-on adhesive, spray one side of the batting. Cover it with a paper strip. Turn the batting over and repeat spraying and fastening paper to the other side of the batting.
- Die-cut the desired ornament shape from the sandwiched batting and paper.
- Cut a length of ribbon to use as a hanging loop, and attach to the top inside of the ornament.
- Using a sewing machine, stitch around the perimeter of the ornament, catching the ribbon as you sew.
- Students can decorate the ornaments with crayons or markers or attach various items to the ornament (Main Photo). Use a red ink pad and a fingertip to create a rosy cheek on the Gingerbread Man.
- Discuss ideas concerning recycling and conserving Earth's resources.