Fill these flashcard Backpacks with animal or other shapes for letter recognition and phonics or math problems.
Supplies Used: Adhesive, Cardstock or construction paper, Crayons, markers or pens, Scissors, Watermark pen
The teacher will die-cut the materials for student use prior to the lesson.
- Die-cut the Backpack shape from assorted colors using cardstock or construction paper. Leave one Backpack whole.
- Trim along the perforations of the handles on another Backpack, and attach the trimmed handles to the whole Backpack.
- A watermark pen will add a slightly deeper color to add details and shading. Crayons, markers or pens can also be used to add details.
- Die-cut various letters from the Boss-O! Alphabet using construction paper. Attach a letter to each Backpack.
- Die-cut several Chinese New Year's Animals or other appropriately sized shapes from assorted colors of cardstock. Decorate the animals or shapes as desired.
- Students find the animal name that begins with the letter on a corresponding Backpack and slide the correct animal into the slit on the Backpack (Main Photo).
- Use upper and lowercase letters or math problems to introduce or reinforce skills.