If you would like a heavenly project, try making a 3-D Angel ornament!
Supplies Used: Adhesive, Construction paper or cardstock, Cord or embroidery thread, Gold paper, Scissors
The teacher will die-cut the materials for student use prior to the lesson.
- Die-cut the Angel, 3-D using cardstock or construction paper (Figure A). Decorate the Angel while it is flat.
- Die-cut two of the Angel wing shapes using white paper. Adhere the white wings to the front and back of the flat Angel (Figure B).
- Die-cut the halo using gold paper. Trim along the bottom of the halo shape.
- If a hanging ornament is desired, cut a 6" length of cord or embroidery thread and place both ends on the flat Angel halo.
- Adhere adhesive to the gold halo shape and attach over the top of the cord, pressing firmly.
- Fold on the side perforation, and place adhesive on the side tab (Figure C).
- Curl the Angel's body to interlock the slits on the Angel wings, bringing one side of the Angel over the glue tab and press to close (Figure D and Main Photo).
- Figure A
- Figure B
- Figure C
- Figure D